• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

PHAZER AS WE KNOW IT.....GONE

If this is true i wonder will they sink the existing phazer and keep the powertrain?Seat/body work like the vector(and lighter)would be sweet.

Man i hope they dont get rid of it i love this sled

farmerschiferl said:

Yep, this was a last minute decision. The Japs delayed the new sled, presumably until 2014. They were in Minoqua this week and pulled the rug out from Yamaha, N.A. and delayed the release due to excess dealer inventory of 2011 and 2012 sleds.

But the Phazer replacement sled is real and guys have ridden it. It was a planned 2013 model. It is set to be built, but wqas delayed.

Super Sled said:
Yep, this was a last minute decision. The Japs delayed the new sled, presumably until 2014. .....But the Phazer replacement sled is real and guys have ridden it. It was a planned 2013 model. It is set to be built, but wqas delayed.
Ah what's another year or two in Yamaha time :jump:

Where are the good hard facts that they are "pulling the plug" on the phazer? Everyone keeps saying it's coming, but I still have yet to see anything concrete backing this up. Just a bunch of he said this, he said that....2013 model is still out and offered after today's release, and I don't think they just changed their mind at the last minute, since they had a pretty good promotional photo shoot with the 2013 model. Don't think they would have done that if they were planning on cutting it out of the lineup.

jrkleins said:
Where are the good hard facts that they are "pulling the plug" on the phazer? Everyone keeps saying it's coming, but I still have yet to see anything concrete backing this up. Just a bunch of he said this, he said that....2013 model is still out and offered after today's release, and I don't think they just changed their mind at the last minute, since they had a pretty good promotional photo shoot with the 2013 model. Don't think they would have done that if they were planning on cutting it out of the lineup.

x2

Oh well, no upgraded phazer. I guess it's project Phazer XTX pump gas turbo time.... Though I will be pissed if they come out with a 100-110hp Phazer replacement next year, and I'm only running 105hp with a turbo. Since they just registered RS Viper and RS Venom trademarks I think the Vector will be gone and a new chassis will house the currnet 1050cc engine (Viper) and a fresh new 105 HP twin, around 800cc(venom). I'd even go out on a limb and say 1200cc based on the nytro engine pushing 160hp in that chassis (SRX anyone?). Apex chassis and engine will be gone IMO . I can also see the Nytro chassis remain, with the racing front clip, having both the current 1050cc triple and the fresh 105hp twin(new phazer?) as engine options. This would cut the chassis from 4 down to 2, eliminate all the gear reduction engines, and give the former Apex guys a 50# lighter sled that has the same HP and MORE torque.

Super Sled said:
farmerschiferl said:

Yep, this was a last minute decision. The Japs delayed the new sled, presumably until 2014. They were in Minoqua this week and pulled the rug out from Yamaha, N.A. and delayed the release due to excess dealer inventory of 2011 and 2012 sleds.

If they have too many 2011's and 2012's remaining, why would they continue to manufacture it instead of using extra sales promotions on the Phazer to reduce stock, and bring out the replacement sled, or just leave a year with nothing smaller than a Vector/Nytro to help push the non-currents? Probably going to be another few years before they release anything new.

Back