• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

PHAZER "FLOAT PLATE" ANY GOOD? NEEDED? WORTH THE $

QUADSCRIB

Expert
Im new here, and a new Phazer owner (new to me). Ive read on here about the Phazers sinking in deep snow if you slow down too much or stop in deep snow. Anyone use the float plate? How good does it work? Is it worth while? How does it compare to the more minimal skid plate thats also available? Sorry so many questions.. but thanx for any answers.

Buddy of mine put one on his MTX, (he didn't realize that he needed the "Sport" bumper as well so it turned out a bit costly). I've ridden his (with the plate) and mine (without) and I couldn't really tell much of a difference between them. IMO, it's not worth the money, and I think my friend would probably agree. I guess it offers a bit of protection for the front end, though.

BTW, if you do get one make sure you clean out the area around the control arms when you're done riding as they pack up with snow and turn into nasty ice-balls if you let it freeze up.

Skinz has a float plate for less then Yamaha's and it says it fits on any bumper so no additional cost buying another style bumper.

I have the Skinz plate and I think it does help with keeping the a-arms from plowing so much snow in deep stuff plus added protection.

Well thanks guys, I would most likely consider the skinz brand one due to not needing the bumper plus I dont see the float plate on Yamahas website any more..like it was on there a few weeks ago but not now...

Im newer to snowmobiling and really noticed the "floatation" of my 96 xlt 600 when I hit some very deep snow this winter I really liked the way that worked so of course Im concerned bout how this going to work out on my "snow quad"..lol I do understand that the stock skis on it should be dumpster bound from what Im reading here....

Back