• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

phazer vs polaris 700 (video)

If you stayed close to hm for more than a half of a second, it would be due to the fact that you were on soft snow and you have a 2" paddle track.

On hard pack, he would be in the next county before your skis came down at the launch. lol.

I lined up on a 600 once with my Phazer and I quit before we hit 20mph because he was so far ahead of me it wasn't funny.

I am completely aware that the only reason i kept up with him is because of the paddles. Ill have a video of us racing from a stop up this weekend

madthumper said:
If you stayed close to hm for more than a half of a second, it would be due to the fact that you were on soft snow and you have a 2" paddle track.

On hard pack, he would be in the next county before your skis came down at the launch. lol.

I lined up on a 600 once with my Phazer and I quit before we hit 20mph because he was so far ahead of me it wasn't funny.

Not really, with an MTX's stock gearing he has about 15% more torque the track than a shorty phazer (25% more than a GT). I know with my stock gears I has NO issue with walking away from other 500's and most 600's in a 0-50 race on medium-firm snow pack, I had issues on HARD pack due to the lugs of the Maverick folding over and I'd just sit an spin and watch the other sled pull away. Even with change in gearing I did, about the same as a 17 tooth short track, and I still make my buddies REV 600 look silly in short sprints. Can't wait to race him again with the Freeride!

You will be impressed.I ran a F1000 with the Cobra track and beat him time and time again up to 60mph.Then it was all over but around here unless on river or such by time you get to 60 there is a stop sign or something you need to slow down for anyway so the thing to do is to lift hard or even brake once you hit 60mph then tell them it was all over at that point.Really messes with them :-o Guys with big power spend big$ trying to get the hookup that we have.Without it all that power dont mean jack.My SRX it has been a battle with traction from day one.Even with studs and a good track.I would never bet on it beating the Phazer in a short run.

Ya it doesn't seem to matter, Apexes, Nytros, Phazers.... there is just this low-end grunt I have never felt before riding 2-strokes.

500cc twin... it just doesn't seem right how much torque it has...??!

cannondale27 said:
You will be impressed.I ran a F1000 with the Cobra track and beat him time and time again up to 60mph.Then it was all over but around here unless on river or such by time you get to 60 there is a stop sign or something you need to slow down for anyway so the thing to do is to lift hard or even brake once you hit 60mph then tell them it was all over at that point.Really messes with them :-o Guys with big power spend big$ trying to get the hookup that we have.Without it all that power dont mean jack.My SRX it has been a battle with traction from day one.Even with studs and a good track.I would never bet on it beating the Phazer in a short run.

Very true!
My buddies all have 600-700's and when I had the A/C 500 Firecat I'd smoke them out of the hole to about 65ish or a bit more- when it started to hit top end I was done.
Thru a set of woods, they could never touch me. Trying to put too much power to the ground would cause 'em to actually spin WAY more, I'd keep rippin'.
So ready to try the Phazer at it! :Rockon:

If your AC had the powervalves I really liked that sled.Perfect power to traction combo.Is about what I want out of my Phazer on top end.

just rode it again in some deep powder and man its easy to throw this thing around!! love it so far! except for the steam and ice build up

done. but it still steams and i guess i never saw the ice buildup before (because i blocked the tunnel when i bought it) so maybe i just need to get used to this ice lol

Forget about the ice, or it'll drive you nuts. It'll go away, a couple good hits/bumps and she's clean.
I have steam at times too. The only one i worry about is the 'smoke like' looking one that comes from under the gas tank plastics. Don't know what it is, but it's an 07 and hasn't 'lit up" yet. That motor runs like a watch! Run it.

porkchop said:
cannondale27 said:

Very true!
My buddies all have 600-700's and when I had the A/C 500 Firecat I'd smoke them out of the hole to about 65ish or a bit more- when it started to hit top end I was done.
Thru a set of woods, they could never touch me. Trying to put too much power to the ground would cause 'em to actually spin WAY more, I'd keep rippin'.
So ready to try the Phazer at it! :Rockon:
When i had my 440 Revs, the local brand loyal Cat guy and i finally met up. I remember charging corners as hard as i possibly could, shooting out of corners, running scared, lol, the first couple corners i could here that 800 Cat suckin for air at WOT so bad i thought it was going to suck my suit off! After 3 or four corners, i pulled away, calmed down, then cruised to a huge lead. He didn't like that.
Cannondale, ever ride quad on the Woodland trails? It was leaving the gas station at Crossroads, all those short bursts with the 90*corners. Just what i needed.

I have never had an ice issue on my phazer. what conditions do you guys ride in?

the only time i ever see steam is when snow hits the radiator, i dont think thats an issue.

Without the tunnel plate, on groomed trails, because you never 'bounced' to knock it off.
On a saddle bag trip once, about a mile from the motel i stopped because i could hear all the ice grinding up, so i said the heck with it, went to take off and it wouldn't move! Put it in reverse, and thump! Like havin a baby, there was a big 'ol chunk in the trail! I actually moved it off it was so big, lol.

Back