• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

pickup Bed based sled deck

earthling

Lifetime Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2021 SRX
2006 ATTAK
Is anyone using a bed based sled deck? (i.e. Marlon, DGRP, Easyloader...) I spoke with the engineer at Marlon who said that it was easier to load an Apex or Winder due to the extra weight up front. My concern is a 137" sled in a 5.5 box which forces me to look at new trucks with a 6.5 box (supercrew/crewcab)

Yeah, 5.5 box isn’t really a pick up in my mind. Was so disappointed with that box size on my 07’ crew cab Tundra. Nice to see they have gone to a 6.5’ box as well now.

Are you looking at a 1/2 ton? With all the weight up high, 1/2 tons struggle to be stable with their softer suspension. Personally, I wouldn’t do it without a 3/4 ton truck to help with the top heavy characteristics of a sled deck.

Are you looking at a 1/2 ton? With all the weight up high, 1/2 tons struggle to be stable with their softer suspension. Personally, I wouldn’t do it without a 3/4 ton truck to help with the top heavy characteristics of a sled deck.

The decks I am looking at go in the bed, not on top of the bed. My buddy has one for his XRS and it is slick for transportation of one sled. I never got a chance to try his with a winder. He can load or unload his sled faster than we can park the trailer.

I get what you are saying about the 5.5 box. Finding a non V8, 6.5ft box is pretty difficult. I think I must know the managers of every ford dealership in the area by first name by now.

This guy

Attachments

• 01980D11-A44A-462D-B890-E645AB1B28CB.jpeg
    01980D11-A44A-462D-B890-E645AB1B28CB.jpeg
    52.1 KB · Views: 54
I get what you are saying about the 5.5 box. Finding a non V8, 6.5ft box is pretty difficult. I think I must know the managers of every ford dealership in the area by first name by now.

Ordered mine in July 2022, got it Feb 1, 2023. 6.5 box with trailer pkg & 3.5 ecoboost.

Back