• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

plugs on phazer

so im pretty sure i fouled my plpugs do to water in gas/bad gas.

it wouldnt start so i put drygas and new super in the tank. 6.5 gallons

still owuldnt start so i put it in the heated garage. started without the belt on ran for liek 2 minutes, then i killed it put the belt on and it started again, but the belt was backwards so i killed it and put the belt on right

now it wont start.... :o|

im thinking fowled plugs.

what plug do they take? and where can i get them.

can i get to the plugs by removing the seat and tank? or do i have to take all thef ront stuff off which is a PIA

They take R CR9EKB(NGK) plugs and I would imagine any yamaha dealer would have them. I have noticed that quite a few are having plug problems but I wonder if it hasn't got more to do with the stale gas left in the tanks from last year. I thought my plugs where fouled at first but after putting fresh high octane fuel in it was end of problem. I've heard a lot of mention about starting and stopping these motors before they warm up completely causing plugs to foul but I need someone to explain to me how a four stroke which doesn't have oil in the fuel would do this. Maybe some of the mechanics on this site could explain why dry fuel would foul the plugs. I know a two stroke for sure would do that but I can't see how a four stroke does. I know my four stroke quad has had the same plugs in for years and I start and stop it all the time with no fouling. Go figure. Topper

they were definitly fouled...

S5030231.jpg

Its not just sleds that foul plugs it everything quads, rhinos ,watercraft dirtbikes .road bikes i work at a dealer and from us running machines in and out every day they foul alot more plugs then if they get ran hard and get hot i have fouled many plugs in the 3 and 4 cly. machines but no phazers i dont know way they foul plugs but they do so just dont start them and shut them off get them real hot let the temp light on if u dont plan on riding it and i bet u will never foul another plug again

that has been my expereience as well. You have to let these things warm up! If your going to start it, let it run for at least 15 mins, or until it shuts itself off.

Well if it is like any other NGK plug and how its rated. The CR10EK would be a colder plug than the stock CR9KB. Probably would'nt run the best. Run the recommended plug.

gilly67 said:
I think i fouled mine tonight what the easiest way to chnage them

No easy way... #$%&*

Pull the seat (two 10mm), remove two screws for console plastic (10mm), remove two screws on the tank (12mm), remove headlight pod cover (pull up (two snap rear) and slide forward), remove L side panel (2 10mm on side/1 10mm near headlight), remove R side panel ( 2 10mm on side/1 10mm near headlight), remove gas cap, pull console plastic up and over gas lip, unclamp gas line (left side tank), unclamp gas vent (center tank), unplug electrical connector (right side tank), pull tank from sled (make sure the tank has under 1/4 fuel or less), pull spark plug caps (10mm bolt on each one) and there you are.

PIA, once you've done it once...it is easier after that... :o|

The Phazer is a prime example of six pounds of crap in a four pound diaper.
I fouled a set of plugs this fall taking it to the dealer to get the updates done. I was going to take the sled down anyway to put on my new pipe and close the lower tunnel hole so it wasn't that bad but I would HATE to do it up north on the trail though.

Later,
Will

06vectorgt said:
06vectorgt said:
Can you run CR10EK plugs in a Phazer?

Anybody?

The Phazer has a problem with fouling spark plugs stock. You do not want to put the colder heat range CR10EK spark plugs in it!

Srxspec said:
06vectorgt said:
06vectorgt said:
Can you run CR10EK plugs in a Phazer?

Anybody?

The Phazer has a problem with fouling spark plugs stock. You do not want to put the colder heat range CR10EK spark plugs in it!

Thanks Allen, I was asking for a friend who just picked up his first Yamaha and fouled a plug right off. I was not aware of dual electrode 9's.
(That makes two I converted from Cat :Rockon: )

Back