• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Poo´s belt drive

Puppe

Pro
Revealed:
430552_366596980019200_129298157082418_1482818_177520205_n.jpg

Heard about this new technology...pretty interesting. I understand that this gets rid of the chaincase, but does this belt drive also get rid of the primary and secondary clutches?

Grimm said:
Heard about this new technology...pretty interesting. I understand that this gets rid of the chaincase, but does this belt drive also get rid of the primary and secondary clutches?

No. Clutches are still on the other side of the sled. This only replaces the chain case and is similar to what CMX has been selling for quite a few years to mountain riders as an aftermarket option.

DV8 said:
I dont see a reverse Gear. =) I like the idea,

Electronic reverse - they just spin the motor backwards on a two stroke - they have been doing that for years.

DV8 said:
I dont see a reverse Gear. =) I like the idea,

Polaris engines can spin backwards, so I don't think a reverse gear was involved in the previous chaincase.

its about time one of the major brands brought this to production. with the low end torque of a 4 stroke they should bring out direct drive, and eliminate the jackshaft also.

Looks like a five pound weight reduction(expected 10-15 pounds for this set-up).Heard this set-up was a pain in the #*$&@ on the snowhawk.

Seems to me that there would be a lot less carnage if the belt were to break as opposed to a chain drive. You would notice the belt going bad before it completely broke and it looks like you could fix it on the side of the trail if it did.

These look similar to the drive belts on the lathes I use at work. No tensioner. You just work the belt on by rolling and pushing it further on the pulleys. Not sure if it would be the same on the sled.

Very interesting, for gearing changes I guess you have to change both upper and lower at the same time. So a bit more expensive, but with no metal to metal contact, the gears can be aluminum and this easier to machine, more importantly lighter. This belt drive has weight savings all over it, no heavy chain, lighter gears, no tensioner, no fluid, heck you could run with out a cover, or just use a polycarb one. I like it!

Incorporate this into a diamond drive type case and get ride of the jack shaft too!

Back