• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Post pics of your sled trailer and what you pull it with

Bought a sled deck last year and would never go back to a trailer. No covers, clean sleds, easy parking, no insurance, and better mileage.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1514698586390.jpg
    FB_IMG_1514698586390.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 344

The one thing I like about the trailer is that it’s a rolling garage. I have generator power and heat so if something breaks I have a place to get to work out of the cold.

The one thing I like about the trailer is that it’s a rolling garage. I have generator power and heat so if something breaks I have a place to get to work out of the cold.
And some added security. And extra summer storage space.

Bought a sled deck last year and would never go back to a trailer. No covers, clean sleds, easy parking, no insurance, and better mileage.

If roads are wet they are going to get dirty!

If roads are wet they are going to get dirty!

They stayed clean for me last year. They'e high enough that the spray off my truck doesn't touch them. If you were following close to a semi or large truck I could see them getting spray

How do you like the deck over a trailer? Any weight issues?

I am thinking about getting one of these:
http://www.truckbossdecks.com/SNOW.html

I like it over a trailer. My deck is steel and even with the apex and nytro up there the truck handles it fine. I do have air bags and a rear sway bar which definitely helps. I'e never weighed it but I suspect I would be over the "legal" weight. Nobody ever checks weights where I live though. As I said the truck handles it perfectly.

Those look like a nice deck. Mine is a fixed width steel deck. Would definitely be nice to have aluminum with slide in sides. I' probably leave it in all season if I had one of those.

Do you have a private driver too??? Nice rig!! Way to travel right there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I wish we had a driver! Everywhere we ride is atleast a 10 hr drive. Its tagged rv, so technically anyone can drive, but only half of our crew can physically swap gears. (Correctly)

It's a good time, bathroom and kitchen, so only stop is for fuel. Lots of beer drinking and gambling!

Have a Triton TC-167. It's 16' long by 7' wide, single axle, no brakes. Weighs only 1000lbs empty. Towing with my 2010 GMC Sierra with 5.3L and 3.08 gears. Tows great when loaded and so far has met all my needs. A great trailer for only a couple sleds. I like this over an 8' wide for two sleds in that I can still go to the lumber yard and haul some really long stuff.

Over the weekend, we tried to fit 3 sleds just to see if it could be done. Yes! We fit my 129" Viper, my 121" Phazer and a Polaris Switchback. Its hard to see in the photos, but all sleds have about 3-4" clearance between them. I can even move my Viper ahead a good 6-8" more if I needed to. But two sleds fit great with a ton of extra room for storage. Loads easily and tows smoothly. Great little trailer if a person only needs to haul two, with the occasional third.

Attachments

• trailer 0.JPG
    trailer 0.JPG
    200.3 KB · Views: 329
  • trailer 1.JPG
    trailer 1.JPG
    135.3 KB · Views: 346
  • trailer 2.JPG
    trailer 2.JPG
    152.4 KB · Views: 328
  • trailer 3.JPG
    trailer 3.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 329
Turtle,
Got that Phazer wedged up in the nose just a bit? :)

Back