• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Power Commander Maps

MikeWalters

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2007 Phazer
Anyone know how to upload a fuel map from a PCIII to a laptop?

I have a bad low end bog and was going to check out the PCIII. Haven't had much time to tinker but something is off a little. Low end bog is really bad if you hit the throttle from idle. Going to check out clutches first then take a look at the PCIII

Thanks

Open the power commander software. As soon as you connect the laptop to the pcIII it should show the map. Hit save map and name it. It will be saved on computer.

Awesome thanks.

Do you know how much info we can get from the pcIII like the AFR across the rpm range? Or would that just be too easy LOL!

MikeWalters said:
Awesome thanks.

Do you know how much info we can get from the pcIII like the AFR across the rpm range? Or would that just be too easy LOL!

It's just a tool to add or subtract fuel. You would need an Autotune with an O2 sensor to get that info. Your best bet is to find someone who has a good map for your sled. I would try to call Ulmer, he's the man.

I have the Ulmer map already.

I am sure my bog is nothing major once I start looking.

The thing to know here is that the PCIII is actually a very powerful tool, but by itself, is pretty much useless unless someone has the same identical gear you have in terms of mods. Sure the map will be in the ballpark, but not as good/accurate as a custom map for your specific machine.

So here is my advice.

Option1: Look up the Wideband for the PCIII. They are rare-ish and fairly expensive. Get it installed with the o2 sensor and then hook it up to a laptop. As I recall, you are trying to achive around 13:1 a/f on these machines.

Put the sled on a stand, save a data file with your baseline data then go in and add or remove a % of fuel based on how lean or rich is may be at any specific point. Then re-run and re-save the map, adjust again as needed.

It's also a good idea to read the manual twice. I missed a few important notes in there like how to go to 250rpm increments instead of 500.

Option2: Prolly by far the better choice is to sell the PCIII and buy a PCV with Wideband 2. It's plug and play. It does real-time adjustments to the a/f. This is really amazing tech vs the very labor intensive PCIII. The PCV also adjusts in real-world conditions too which is a bit more accurate than the map from a PCIII on a jackstand.

Good luck maximizing your sled's potential. Be sure to use the heaviest weights in the clutch you can get your hands on!

This is true.Quads and bikes there are tons of dynos to tune on.Sleds its very rare.I think though that you could get pretty close with a good engine dyno and a AFR meter.Most tuners with engine dyno should have a afr would be much easier if it graphed the runs though.AFR meter and many runs on a river or lake could get it done also.You need a meter at the least though.Also many dont believe this but start with 100% throttle to redline.Last line in the map.That last line does effect the rest of the map so get it perfect.

Back