• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Primary rollers questions

You want the 14.8 mm , stock is 14.5 mm .
The bigger the roller the slower the sled eccllerates from a dead stop at full throttle. The smaller the roller the more aggressive your clutch weights act .

You want the 14.8 mm , stock is 14.5 mm .
The bigger the roller the slower the sled eccllerates from a dead stop at full throttle. The smaller the roller the more aggressive your clutch weights act .
Why would you want bigger if it accelerates slower?

Wondering which Thunder products are the correct ones for my Sidewinder. I see there are 2 sizes 14. something and 15. something. How do I know which ones to order

Thunder Products Clutching sells the 14.8 rollers for the Sidewinder.

Is it normal to have a lot of slop between the bolt and pin? I just replaced the rollers which were shot and they are tight on the pin but the pin is really loose on the bolt.

Is it normal to have a lot of slop between the bolt and pin? I just replaced the rollers which were shot and they are tight on the pin but the pin is really loose on the bolt.

Yes, Yamaha did not put the allen screws in the spyder to keep the pin from moving. Lot of people are using o-rings or plastic discs to keep them from moving.

Why would you want bigger if it accelerates slower?
That was if someone is buying the thunder rollers .the 14.8 mm
Most guys don’t have their stud pattern correct causing there track to spin excessively which throws the clutching out . Which is why guys find the bigger rollers work better . If you want good quality Yamaha rollers you must order the 14.5 mm durlon bushed rollers off of 2000 Srx .

The acceleration is so minimal difference that you won't even notice it. Difference between the 14.5mm to 14.8mm is .3mm. Cut that roller in half and it is .15mm (which is .005 thousandths of an inch). You won't see any slower shifting pattern until you go 1.0mm larger (which is .040 thousandths of an inch).

Changing rollers in our testing from 14.8mm to our 15.8mm didn't change any ET times. But it did change a little rpm and where it shifts the secondary.

Back