• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Pro-Line clutch kit

byoffcr said:
Proline kit was never said to be faster on top end but with traction it will out pull any thing I,ve tried. Thats what was said to begin with. byoffcr

So would my 168 picks with the stock track be enough traction...

I have the Woody's 168 pattern, which does have them on the outside

Attachments

• th_Univ_168singles (Medium).jpg
    th_Univ_168singles (Medium).jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 113
Reaper said:
Well, fast or not it feels great corner to corner and that really is all the matters unless you are in a race. Would you rather have a sports car that feels great in the corners or one that feels sluggish but is actually turning better lap times. Unless you are drag racing or there is a checker flag and a Trophy at the end of the trail I would go with the better feeling package. I found the Proline setup flat out gets you jazzed up in the trails and puts a big grin on your face, stock is great too but not as responsive when you are in & out of the throttle lots. I agree for all around real world performance stay with stock and save your clams.

I agree with the better feeling part, but my point is because it revs so fast, dont let that fool you into thinking its faster. Tuned right, the stock setup will out accelerate, and out top end ANY kit out there. Im so confident in that point, that Ill guarantee it. The fun factor is great with alot of the kits out there on the trail, no doubt about that. My argument is flat out performance whether its hole shot, corner to corner, midrange roll ons, or top end....tuned right, stock components will shine on the APEX vs. anytying I have tested...BBY

I agree with the better feeling part, but my point is because it revs so fast, dont let that fool you into thinking its faster. Tuned right, the stock setup will out accelerate, and out top end ANY kit out there. Im so confident in that point, that Ill guarantee it. The fun factor is great with alot of the kits out there on the trail, no doubt about that. My argument is flat out performance whether its hole shot, corner to corner, midrange roll ons, or top end....tuned right, stock components will shine on the APEX vs. anytying I have tested...BBY[/quote]

BBY, your talking apex and I,m talking attak, RIGHT? WRONG??

Correct, APEX. Thats why I made it on all CAPS. To clarify just a bit, combined with other small changes like gearing, machine work, etc...the stock parts work fantastic on the APEX. So good in fact, that I have not tested anything that works better than stock components comnined with very mininal changes. ON THE APEX...BBY

BlueByYou2000 said:
Correct, APEX. Thats why I made it on all CAPS. To clarify just a bit, combined with other small changes like gearing, machine work, etc...the stock parts work fantastic on the APEX. So good in fact, that I have not tested anything that works better than stock components comnined with very mininal changes. ON THE APEX...BBY

Sorry BBY I didnt read post on other heading before posting this.. I,m sure it is as good or better than your saying. Thanks for the info. byoffcr

BlueByYou2000 said:

Do tell, what is the best way to tune stock clutching on the Apex

Reaper said:
BlueByYou2000 said:

Do tell, what is the best way to tune stock clutching on the Apex

Pretty simple. Get your gear ratio to 1.65-1.67, machine your primary and split collars, machine your stock helix, add a windage plate, and make a secondary spring change. Thats it, stock rivits in stock weights, stock rollers, stock primary spring, stock helix (machined) and hold on. I have spent alot of money this winter trying to get the most out of clutching, and nothing out there...period...will work like this does. I spent all winter chasing a well tuned Mach Z, and a Bondi Ported 800 REV. Last trip, ON SNOW, my RTX absolutely was a different machine. This Z in our group is fast, I beat him 3 out of 4 times all the way to 125 on my speedo. The Bondi motor would kill me out of the hole and be all over, he still has a great hole shot, but I would sling shot him by 60 MPH in a big way. What i like about these changes is it works on conditions we all ride on 90% of the time...BBY

Back