• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Pro-Line clutch kit

I found the Proline excellent for corner to corner !

Disagree Dirk, if you want wicked backshift and responsiveness in the trails corner to corner Proline is far better than stock. This is simply due to the weights are almost 20 grams less than stock aiding very quick back shift and allows the clutch to spool up faster. If you try them both in the trials you will see the stock is sluggish to recover when on and off the gas in corner to corner hard riding, Proline is spot on and lots funner !

It could be the higher RPMS giving me more MPH,i guess i just am happy i am seeing a few more mph,and youre right,the ram air kit is helping alot...we proved that for sure...

I agree the stock clutching on these apexs is really GOOD!....the kits down gain alot but do seem to help...i have revved this kit from 10800 to 11000 and 11000 is always fastest on the gun,same as john and others had proved before,it may be rpms are making more speed,or possibly the tach is out by a couple hundred??...

All i know is testing with the gun showed me what i think works best overal with what i got..

I really wish i had a 23 tooth with my exact setup to test on same track same conditions..now that would be a nice test...maybe next season.

dan

Throttl Jockey said:
So which kit, is gonna be the best for trail riding / trail racing, I don't care about drag racing or top speed, I just want something for 0 to 75 mph, ( mainly in the whoops and twists on the trails) and something that is gonna just be a little bit more snappy then stock.... Any suggestions.. OR would re gearing work?

Disagree Dirk, if you want wicked backshift and responsiveness in the trails corner to corner Proline is far better than stock. This is simply due to the weights are almost 20 grams less than stock aiding very quick back shift and allows the clutch to spool up faster. If you try them both in the trials you will see the stock is sluggish to recover when on and off the gas in corner to corner hard riding, Proline is spot on and lots funner !

Please read his Post. I agree with you Because Ive test not only the Proline but the Ulmer racing as well that Corner to corner the After Market stuff is snappier. But if you read his post he doesn't care about racing or Top speed. I highly doubt he's going to add the Traction necessary to keep the track from blowing out when you lay into it out of a corner. The stock clutching works pretty good. If I was him I'd gear it and maybe twist the secondary 10 more degrees to increase the back shift a Little. Why drop 300 to 400 dollars for a kit that your not going to get the most out of?????

Just because a kit feels "snappier" doenst mean it is. Dont let a quick reving sound make you think your accelerating harder. The idea on acceleration is use the Torque of the motor to get you moving and the HP of the motor to keep you moving. If you come out of the hole at 10900-11000 your driving right through torque...BBY

Well, fast or not it feels great corner to corner and that really is all the matters unless you are in a race. Would you rather have a sports car that feels great in the corners or one that feels sluggish but is actually turning better lap times. Unless you are drag racing or there is a checker flag and a Trophy at the end of the trail I would go with the better feeling package. I found the Proline setup flat out gets you jazzed up in the trails and puts a big grin on your face, stock is great too but not as responsive when you are in & out of the throttle lots. I agree for all around real world performance stay with stock and save your clams.

Thanks for the info guys, I'm thinking I'll test a few different things out ( this coming season), I've heard good things from guys running the proline, but like it was said on here Why pay $300 or so for something I'm not completely gonna get all of the use out of, but then again I've been leaning towards Proline, for these reasons as well
Reaper said:
I found the Proline setup flat out gets you jazzed up in the trails and puts a big grin on your face, stock is great too but not as responsive when you are in & out of the throttle lots. I agree for all around real world performance stay with stock and save your clams.
either way I am holding off till next season, Thanks again..........

just think, 2 months ago, Proline Kits were all the rage....

It's a great drag race setup, with the right amount of traction. It will rock, just not sure if it's great for everyday Trailriding. I will keep mine just for drags with some gear changes for 660 ft and it will rock.

Attachments

• 11-26-06 Pipe y (Small).jpg
    11-26-06 Pipe y (Small).jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 75
Proline kit was never said to be faster on top end but with traction it will out pull any thing I,ve tried. Thats what was said to begin with. byoffcr

Just because a kit feels "snappier" doenst mean it is. Dont let a quick reving sound make you think your accelerating harder. The idea on acceleration is use the Torque of the motor to get you moving and the HP of the motor to keep you moving. If you come out of the hole at 10900-11000 your driving right through torque...BBY

Well said.

Byoffcr you are 100% right with your take on the Proline kit and that is why I bought it. No topend gain but man does it ever pull if you have the traction.

I agree it pulls like a mutha,compared to stock in bottom and middle...Im very happy with it...

what you do need to do,is wrap it to where your riding needs require...higher for trails(110) and lower for long haul lakes...80 or 90....

I liked it at 100 best overal for my setup.

Back