• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Problem is driving me nuts!

Apex Man

Pro
My 06' Apex will stall then restart without toucjing the key switch when letting off the throttle after boost. I tried removing the blower drive belt and the MPI EFI controller and it still stalled. Later in the day, with the MPI controller gone and no boost it dissapeared. I Also noticed it would sometimes happen when I hit a large bump. As soon as I reintalled the drive belt and MPI controller the problem came back. I have been scratching my head for weeks now.

It iles at 1500 rpm nicely and runs great until I give it boost and then let off the throttle quickly.

(1.) I have the TORS bypassed
(2.) I am not hitting the rev limiter
(3.) I am using a blow-of valve
(4.) I get no fault codes

my boondocker apex stalls when i bounce it hard to, i thought it was just my machine that did that.

i was thinking it had something to do with a shock sensor in the aftermarket fuel pump or something

Apex stalling problem

Playing with the CO settings did not work, still cutting out from quick throttle releases or large bumps. I guess I will check the throttle position switch next. Does not happen if I release throttle slowly or I don't hit the bumps hard. Maybe the bumps are causing my thumb to slip off the throttle or even "burp" the throttle momentarily. Still scratching my head on this one. I can't use the boost if she is going to cut out when I release the throttle. My buddies almost tail ended me a couple of times from when she stalled and because of the 4 stroke engine brake thing causing her to "nose dive".

Try overriding the TORS? nevermind, I see you already did that.
sorry

You have to figure out if it’s a rich condition or a lean condition or an ignition issue that's causing it to die. Intermittent problems on these boosted sleds are almost always a wiring or plumbing issue ... might want to inspect the Bypass Valve for correct operation also (diaphragm).

MPI Service Bulletins:
http://www.mountainperformance.com/supercharger_tsb.htm

I see your TORS is disabled ... the only other thing mentioned in the TSB that you have control of is the altitude compensation setting.

stalling problem

I think I figured out the stalling problem but I may be wrong (I probably am). I think that when the Vortech valve closes, letting off from a full boost blast, she goes rich for a moment because of the MPI fuel controller's 100 ms delay. After the stall and the EFI controller does it's reset she will start again on her own, probably from going leaner from the controller being restarted. It will not stall if I release the flipper slowly so I wil try removing the Vortech valve just to see if it will help this condition. I am not sure on how to get around this problem except maybe to wait for the updated EFI controler that will be much faster in responding to throttle inputs. With the season ending now I may have to wait until next winter.

I have a 2007 with a stage 1 Cpr Turbo kit that does the exact same thing. I have figured out in a drag race it cuts out at around 900 foot, consistently. Also after letting out of the throttle on the trail, and after hitting a heavy bump. Been killing me to find out what is causing it. I have already bought a wiring harness to replace thinking maybe something rubbed through.

I do know I am rich in the settings, 9.5-1, 10-1 on boost.
You guys thinking it might be the same thing??

thanks

aj

Attachments

• Glinker 005.jpg
    Glinker 005.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 85
Both of your set ups sound too rich like the others say. My RX-1 is running low 13s at idle and low 14's while cruising. When I hammer the throttle it will read 11s. On an instant let off of the throttle my A/F goes into the 10s. Never have I saw any readings lower than high 10s other than when my intercooler blew off. Then is the only time it would read mid 9s due to the carbs still getting pressure from my charge tube (only present on carbs).

Also my RX-1 will cut out when landing hard.

Jim

AJA636

If you are cutting out at full throtle at the 900ft mark check your fuel pressure. If the pressure is to low it will do that very thing.

Re: AJA636

rolo said:
If you are cutting out at full throtle at the 900ft mark check your fuel pressure. If the pressure is to low it will do that very thing.

Fuel pressure was great. No Problems there, Tested that at Dyno tech, just was never able to get A/F ratios down. I got a new gauge will try to get better ratios next time I run it.

aj

Back