• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

problem reverse

woodies

tried a search and nothing! am i the only one finding reverse hard to get into? any info would be great, i ride a 08 mtx nytro turbo. thanks

yeah my 09 XTX is the same way, i have to twitch the throttle and move the sled forward a few feet and than put it in reverse for some reason it wont go into reverse from a parked stand still

This can be a real problem when you want to back off your trailer. I sometimes have to pull mine off because it won't go into reverse. Not easy for an old man like me.

What do you mean by "...finding reverse hard to get into..."? If its an issue with the lever "sticking" it may be similar to what I have experienced. I do not have have an FX Nytro but I do believe the chain case for the Nytro and the Rages and Vectors are somewhat similar. In any case, from time to time I have found that I simply cannot get reverse to engage; the handle seems stuck. If I blip the throttle (still in forward gear) slightly to move the sled ahead, I can engage reverse easily. In my case, the gears are just far enough out of alignment that the teeth on the reverse gear won't mesh in. Moving the sled ahead slightly changes the alignment.

On a friends '05 RS Venture is the same. The other day I actually just gently rev to engagement with the brake on. Didn't move at all and was able to lock reverse after.

Just stand up and rock backwards. Even this small amount of movement is enough to allow the gears to line up.

I have two XTXs. One shift into reverse very smoothly and effortlessly. The other requires more "lift" pressure when pulling the lever back, and then more down pressure to get it to engage. It doesn't feel like a transmission issue as much as a linkage issue, but in any case it isn't bad enough to warrant my attention. It's just different.

SB

On my 08 fx Shorty I sometimes have to rock it side to side to get the reverse to engage. NO BIGGIE!! Other than that I love my sled.

Back