• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

proper octane levels mcx 290H.P

briguy

I turboed my apex last spring after the winter ride I installed the 290hp kit from mcx (19T)I put the kit myself took my time heat taped all the harneses guarded all the hoses looks neat and tidy.my question is they recomend 92 octane. will that be high enough even with the head shim to prevent detonation?should I be running octane boost as well as 92 octane?N.O.S makes octane boost that is supposed to raise it 6 full points.Is that kind of stuff wise or just crap? anyone with some good advice would be greatly appreciated

Ah, not sure. I wouldn't trust any additive in mine, Safer with mixing pump gas with AV or race fuel.

You are not alone being a little concerned, but MCX290 has been out now for a long time and with no engine damage related to low octane, as i heard of. 92 octane filled up from an busy gas station is good to go, 92 octane filled up from an small gas station in the middle of no where, and i add N.O.S to add a couple of points, just to be safer, can't see it hurt anyway.

The claims of the octane boost are deceptive.That's why we like meth injection.If nothing else,it's like an insurance policy on your engine.Then you won't care what the octane is.You'll make your own octane with the meth

briguy - check the sticky at the top of this forum that shows a octane calculator your safe at 92.

There are some octane booster that work; most are junk, I will try and find the test that shows which work. I will carry some as a back up in case I get stuck in the bush with only 87 available.

What Hurricane says, when running meth the quality of fuel is not that important anymore. I ran 93 octane (98 RON Europe) and meth injection all last season, was up at 22 lbs running on pump fuel without any problems with deto.

thanks for good advice

thanks allot kinger very good internet site explains very clearly and dispells allot of rumours about boosters

Yea that Meth is SWEET!! Ran that on my RX1 years ago up to 22+ hahah ON pump!!!

Back