• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

PSI for fox floats?

dfinn

Extreme
I'm installing a used set of Fox Floats tonight. What's a good starting point for pressure in these, they didn't come with any kind of documentation.

I'm about 230 loaded with gear. Live in Utah, deep snow, hardly any trail.

110psi with the sled weight on the shocks is what I run and I'm around 240lbs. Just take your pump with you and adjust in the field.

tapex_07 said:
I run 75psi in mine no sway bar. 200lbs with gear.
i am running 55 psi measured unweighted. This is with a revalve and fett canisters. Handles the bumps great, and doesn't bottom out for jumping. It is really squishy in the corners though. Oh well, it is a mountain sled. It does sidehill really good with this low pressure though. It doesn't seem to deflect as much.

swelly said:
200 lbs No Sway bar. 75lbs with sled sitting on the ground.
I am not sure that you are supposed to be measuring it like that. If the sled is tilted to one side or another, isn't it going to be giving you wrong results?

What about the Float Xs. Similar air pressure work? (no sway bar)

Sorry I don't mean to hijack the thread but I'm just wondering how often you guys get your floats or float x shox rebuilt? I've always had mine regular shox rebuilt every year, should I continue that with these. What is everybody else doing?

Revster,

Not sure how big you plan on going with that thing but If you plan on going big Im running 125 in the main chamber and 300 (maxed out) in my evol chamber but im running evol x's. A buddy running the X's that launches his is running 115. Also be carefull with bottoming cause both my lower A arms are bowed from this season.

I have heard that with fox, then the front does not hold its height. is this true? Like my front end high and are afraid to switch to Fox. But i must do something. For these original shocks is quite crappy.

ntm

Back