• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Quality Specifications BS...Wake up boys!!!! its still a Cat

Daranello

Suspended
to say I'm disappointed is an understatement. We have many friends up here that throw away there 10,000km cats cause they are falling apart (I'm talking the chassis) from what I can see its still a cat.

I have a friend at LEXUS head office' the RX350 is made in both Japan and Canada (Cambridge) and BOTH sold here....they have MORE warranty claims and problems with the Canadian built RX.. I challenge you to goto your local Lexus dealer and drive both (look at the VIN, Japan is "J" CDN is "2") first thing your notice in the wind noise from the sunroof on the CDN built RX. Now remember both are built to the SAME specifications...and both are built by TOYOTA!!! If toyata can't maintain the quality after 10years building them in Canada, how in the world can arctic cat???

CANADIAN FACTORY MADE RX350 YOUTUBE VIDEO

My buddy who bleeds green and is so happy right now cause he gets a Yamaha motor in a cat....sorry he is jumping for joy.

This may be a smart business move for Yamaha, but Yamaha failed to serve and deliver to its core buyers and this in the long term will hurt Yamaha.

I will be keeping my 2011 Apex with 13,000km into 2014....unless someone else come out with a real "industry first" with EPS.

Btw I will NEVER own a sled without EPS....thank you for that "industry first"

Good luck and I hope Yamaha thinks about there core consumers and how to serve them...

Daranello said:
to say I'm disappointed is an understatement. We have many friends up here that throw away there 10,000km cats cause they are falling apart (I'm talking the chassis) from what I can see its still a cat.

I have a friend at LEXUS head office' the RX350 is made in both Japan and Canada (Cambridge) and BOTH sold here....they have more warranty claims and problems with the Canadian built RX.. I challenge you to goto your local Lexus dealer and drive both (look at the VIN) first thing your notice in the wind noise from the sunroof on the CDN built RX. Now remember both are built to the SAME specifications...and both are built by TOYOTA!!! If toyata can't maintain the quality after 10years building them in Canada, how in the world can arctic cat???

My buddy who bleeds green and is so happy right now cause he gets a Yamaha motor in a cat....sorry he is jumping for joy.

This may be a smart business move for Yamaha, but Yamaha failed to serve and deliver to its core buyers and this in the long term will hurt Yamaha.

I will be keeping my 2011 Apex with 13,000km into 2014....unless someone else come out with a real "industry first" with EPS.

Btw I will NEVER own a sled without EPS....thank you for that "industry first"

Good luck and I hope Yamaha thinks about there core consumers and how to serve them...
Well said and time will prove your opinions

I too have serious concerns with the reliability of these sleds. I have heard even the motors are going to be manufactured in cats plant. Hard to believe.

Motors were never cats problems. It was always soemthing else. That something else is now going to be applicable to the yamaha sleds.

We have grown to have certain expectations of a sled. I have had 3 nytros and not one has ever seen a dealer for warranty or repair. I buy yamaha cause my sled is ready to go every weekend when my buddies can be hit and miss while theres is in for warranty, typically a cat or a poo. I dont want to have to carry extra warranty on a sled. I would just prefer not to use warranty at all. Yamaha standards this is guaranteed.

I really like the looks of the sled and would consider one but there is just so much that scares me about it. They can wave all the extra warranty they want at it and it still wont make me feel better. I need confirmation that the motors are still built in Japan, parts are all subjected to yamaha standards and all the issues plagueing this chassis has been fixed by yamaha.

Has anyone been on arcticchat? There's more problems with the pro cross sleds than just blowing belts. Arctic cat isn't going to build the viper better than their own sled...

Why don't you just wait and see what happens I am so sick of all these new bash threads when no one knows anything! And it's funny that everyone bags the cat when the nytro is just as big of a turd...

Benwaballs said:
Why don't you just wait and see what happens I am so sick of all these new bash threads when no one knows anything! And it's funny that everyone bags the cat when the nytro is just as big of a turd...

This is true!!

It's gonna be a long summer....

Benwaballs said:

History has a tendency to repeat itself...My Nytro and Apex between the 2 of them have been ridden over 20,000km and I ride hard and in terrible Northern ontario conditions....I have also held both sleds at WOT (wide open throttle) for over 50km without ever letting off.... in those 20,000km I have NEVER been stranded of even blew a $60 belt infact I never took of the factory belt off my nytro ever...even for storage..

Nytro repairs , two limiter straps in 7000km
Apex repairs, 3 idler wheels, new brake pads, new belt just because, and a new rear shock under warranty 13,000km

If you guys think this sled will be the same Yamaha quality coming out of Japan, give your head a shake.....will it ride and handle great...you bet!!! but I bet you'll see a Nytro towing a Viper home soon enough

Yesterday I towed home my buddies cat with a snapped drive shaft...you could tell that it had a factory flaw in it...called the dealer, surprise drive shaft in stock, dealer said you're not the only one....BTW chain case and drive shaft are Cat not Yamaha in the Viper ;-)

Good luck but I'm not going to be a test pilot...

Chris put some of my concerns to bed.

The engine is built in our factory, identical to Nytro, a long block is shipped to AC, they developed the exhaust system, which exits up front, they use the Synerject ECU to control a closed loop FI system (uses o2 sensor). Our clutches belt and new drive shaft the latter comes from their supplier…Testing / calibration / QA is joint work.. The assembly is done in TRF. Understood – Juries out, cheers cr

As for the Nytro our problems are minor compared to everyone elses. I for one have never had icing problems. My MTX tunnel is always clear. My XTX was fine once tunnel protectors were removed. Non of my sleds have ever seen a dealer for warranty repairs and I have never missed a ride because of yamaha quality. I also like how the nytro handles. I have tried the skinz front end and it works to. I like them both. I really do like the nytro.

Daranello said:
Benwaballs said:

History has a tendency to repeat itself...My Nytro and Apex between the 2 of them have been ridden over 20,000km and I ride hard and in terrible Northern ontario conditions....I have also held both sleds at WOT (wide open throttle) for over 50km without ever letting off.... in those 20,000km I have NEVER been stranded of even blew a $60 belt infact I never took of the factory belt off my nytro ever...even for storage..

Nytro repairs , two limiter straps in 7000km
Apex repairs, 3 idler wheels, new brake pads, new belt just because, and a new rear shock under warranty 13,000km

If you guys think this sled will be the same Yamaha quality coming out of Japan, give your head a shake.....will it ride and handle great...you bet!!! but I bet you'll see a Nytro towing a Viper home soon enough

Yesterday I towed home my buddies cat with a snapped drive shaft...you could tell that it had a factory flaw in it...called the dealer, surprise drive shaft in stock, dealer said you're not the only one....BTW chain case and drive shaft are Cat not Yamaha in the Viper ;-)

Good luck but I'm not going to be a test pilot...

I agree with you on a lot but the problem is everyone is bashing the product with absolute zero information on it. How do you know Yamaha hasn't fix all the known issues with the AC chassis? The problem is you are spreading false info on a product that you know absolutely nothing about, maybe your right but only time will tell.

I have owned alot of sleds from all of the big 4, and can tell you this form riding all poo's and doo's are junk ive blown so many motors in them two that i lost count! the nyto is a good sled but yamaha doesnt take responsability for there problems i had a motor blow in my first nytro at 500m just after first service and they werent even going to fix it so that tells you how the feel about there 11500 sled buyers! If it wasnt for Aaron excell i would have got nothing!!!! He got me a new sled with not extra fee, now cats i have ownd the old zr's and 04 f7 and can tell you this never had one problem with any of them mechanicaly but i did blow 2 belts on the f7 well racing and it had 5000m on it! so im happy they did this maybe arctic cat will back the yamaha product the way it should be!

Benwaballs said:

LOL, I'm glad you said it...But i was thinking it! haha

I really hope that Yam can do it and I will keep any open mind, but talked to a dealer who has been selling sleds (sometimes 3 brands) and he said the procross chassis was the worst he has ever sold and it's not close. Can't get parts, Arctic Cat themselves didn't know how to fix some issues at first- that happens to Yamaha and they will have a long way to go to mend their reputation, but you gotta think they know about these issues too right? They can't be that stupid.

sleddingfarmer said:
Benwaballs said:

LOL, I'm glad you said it...But i was thinking it! haha

I'm not bashing, I've stated that the procross rides great (better than my Yamaha's)...and I'm sure the Viper will to.....my real concern is quality and reliability..... at the end of the day is still coming out of the same factory that has has know quality issues...Cat's not going to make Yamaha's at a higher standards than their own..please lets get real.

It will ride great and be an amazing sled,,,but will it stay together???...that's the million dollar question

loudelectronics said:
Chris put some of my concerns to bed.

The engine is built in our factory, identical to Nytro, a long block is shipped to AC, they developed the exhaust system, which exits up front, they use the Synerject ECU to control a closed loop FI system (uses o2 sensor). Our clutches belt and new drive shaft the latter comes from their supplier…Testing / calibration / QA is joint work.. The assembly is done in TRF. Understood – Juries out, cheers cr

As for the Nytro our problems are minor compared to everyone elses. I for one have never had icing problems. My MTX tunnel is always clear. My XTX was fine once tunnel protectors were removed. Non of my sleds have ever seen a dealer for warranty repairs and I have never missed a ride because of yamaha quality. I also like how the nytro handles. I have tried the skinz front end and it works to. I like them both. I really do like the nytro.

If yamaha is only supplying the long block, clutches, and driveshaft there is alot less "Yamaha" in the viper that I thought. I would feel better if entire drive line, exhaust, fuel supply and electronics were "yamaha". Will the yamaha motor still remain as reliable when all the engine related components are supplied by Cat?

Back