• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

quick idle adjustment?

ecopter

TY 4 Stroke Guru
My Phazer needs a slight tweak on the throttle everytime I have to start it. It would be nice if I could adjust the amount of gas being given at this moment. Anyone know the method to do this?

Thanks,
Jon

I believe the adjustment your looking for is on the IACV which uses coolant temp to open a passageway around throttleplate.So adjusting that would give you more or less air.

cannondale27 said:
I believe the adjustment your looking for is on the IACV .

I think it’s called the ISC (Idle Speed Control). Not sure

I don't believe the ISC (Idle Speed Control) is adjustable from what I have read - I may be wrong.

The ECU senses the coolant temperature and throttle butterfly position and then regulates bypass air valves to get the engine to 1500 rpm.

Maybe you need to give it more time to finish warming up – or you have an ECU or ISC problem.

Looks to me like its adjustable.Probably not supposed to though.I believe the opening and closing of the valve is totally dependent on coolant temp since it works like a thermostat.Fuel is controlled by the ECU.Its a good system the Idle Air Controls on cars and such use a stepper motor to open the passageway.They arent very reliable on a offroad vehicle like our sleds.

Back