• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

rader run

race79

did a rader run today what a disappoment having coming from 800r doos and thiinking this apex has more power on the trails and top end but these things are not set up to run theses got spanked all day any thoughts been doing rader runs for 15 years so not my first go around I like the sled I have owned alot of sleds before and done alot of mods big bores pipes clutchs kinda let down the guys i ride with i allways have a fast sled untill today No hook at all fastest run was 1/4 1/2 3/4 throttle no full is this common

The secrete to the Yamaha ;)! is getting that power to the ground, Long track and pics a must, minor clutching and you will walk those doos!

Is ur sled brand new? I know I was disappointed with power from my sled wheni first got it. Around 1200 miles it was like it just turned on. Just the other day I hit 113 on a groomed trail. In the first 1000 miles I couldn't get it over 100. I now have 1500 miles on it.

136 or 144

a 136 or 144 its a 2006 xtx with 300 miles on it found cheap and had to have it was going to buy new but for this price I will never lose money on this one .This is the oldest sled i have had sence 2006 and have to say i like it. have 900 on it now

A friend of mine bought an Apex GT brand new in 2005. All year, he refused to mess with the suspension settings... so we spanked him all the time on the lake. Even the back up sled could beat him to 70mph ...That sled was a 2000 Polaris XC SP 500 w/ a can, a 136" M10, and a studded ripsaw. My slightly long winded point, once you get it hook up, your smile will be back.

I have a buddy that is a ski doo salesmen and every year he brings up a 800r and every year I walk by him like he's standing still pisses him off to no end! I've never been beaten by one. You should have no problem beating them every time.

Perhaps you should try a RADAR run! LOL, sorry, I couldn't resist!

Seriously though, the Apex needs help with traction to launch properly. Of course good studs are a must but so is your suspension settings. Adjust the transfer rod for maximum weight transfer or completely remove it for a radar run. It will squat and lift the skis on launch. Also loosen up your secondary spring tension for a faster upshift since you do not care about the backshift in a drag race. Also make sure that the secondary sheave width is adjusted so that the belt is riding slightly above the sheaves (not flush or below) as this will ensure that you are launching with the lowest possible gear ratio. Combine this with an overdrive primary sheave for the top end.

If set up properly your Apex should spank 800 Doo's all day long. My 800 Doo buddies can beat me sometimes from a dead stop because they have much better weight transfer than I do. However if we race from a rolling start I always win. Good luck!

Back