• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ram mount to the riser

Boomer

Expert
I picked up a Ram mount which I want to mount to the riser. How did you guys who have mounted one of these to riser, attach it? Are you screwing right through and lock nutting it on or tapping it out and threading a screw in. I have a stock 08 vector GT and not even sure yet if the riser is hollow.

I want to be able to mount it so the GPS swings up and rests just above the pad.

I drilled two holes through the riser and used a bolt with a nut .Mine is mounted on the front so the gps sits up and in front of the pad.

The riser is hollow and I drilled and did the lock nut trick.

Attachments

• IMG_0682 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0682 (Small).JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_0679 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0679 (Small).JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 198
I mounted mine so it was offset a little so that it was away from the gas cap, but mines a Nytro. Drilled and tapped.

DSC01743.jpg

DSC01745.jpg

Scherbs,
Looks like you used a marine mount, correct? If so, it holds through the rough stuff?

I also drilled into the riser. I thought that I would have to tap the holes, which I guess would be the proper way to go - but I found that the metal is soft enough that after drilling, the nut sort of "self-tapped" the hole on it's own. I fasted with two lock nuts on the inside.

I've had no issues so far with the mount becoming loose while riding down the trail.

mine is mounted on the handlebars - i use it on my trek in the summer

mount-gps-navigation-477.jpg

Gee Woolyviper, all you need now is a 7" color monitor on the other handlebar and a Dish network satellite on the back and receiver and you will have it all!

Just kidding ! :tg:

Garmin 60CSX on a Ram ball mount on one of Supermans risers. Works great, an easy to see when riding.

Attachments

• DSC00187.JPG
    DSC00187.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 192
  • DSC00188.JPG
    DSC00188.JPG
    111 KB · Views: 195
  • DSC00189.JPG
    DSC00189.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 176
  • DSC00190.JPG
    DSC00190.JPG