• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ran out of fuel

MAMILLA

Extreme
I was in my shop changing my track and when I went to start my sled to load it in the trailer it ran out of fuel. So i put a couple of gallons in it. And it still would not start it tried thou sprayed a little starting fluid and still nothing. So I pulled just three of the spark plugs and cleaned them up then it started it took a little before it would wrapp up but that worked. Is there any special thing to do when you run out of fuel to prime it. Because i apparently flooded it.

I would probably just try cycling the key on and off and using the fuel injection to force fuel to the motor. You should be able to hear the difference once the fuel pump is pushing fuel.
Then start it.

yeah it sounds like it was dry, not flooded. i think it started after you pulled the plugs just on coincidence after the continued cranking. My R1 has done the same thing, although the fuel pump is easier to hear. I just cycle on and off a few times then it will cough, sputter and start.

skark_burmer said:
yeah it sounds like it was dry, not flooded. i think it started after you pulled the plugs just on coincidence after the continued cranking. My R1 has done the same thing, although the fuel pump is easier to hear. I just cycle on and off a few times then it will cough, sputter and start.
My fuel pump was definetly working I pulled the fuel lione off the injector rail and when i turned the key it sprayed a lot of fuel.

understood.
The fuel pump will deliver fuel almost immediately once you put liquid in the tank.
but what im saying is when you run the engine till its out of fuel it takes a while to get fuel back into the filter, rails, injectors and accumulator before it builds pressure and is able to be sprayed out of the injectors.

And im not saying this IS what happened, only my best guess.

Back