• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Real World 1500 Mile Low Down of new Ski Doo XR-S 900 Turbo vs. SideWinder

Agreed.
I think ALL the 800 class sleds are fast. Just not Sidewinder fast.
Me & bud were just talking how often we can keep the throttle pinned on trails that we ride 99% of the time. Not often; SAFELY!
One nasty bump at 100 & you could be off the sled as i witnessed this year. The guy broke 7 ribs, scapula & punctured lung & he was only going 60ish.

I guess i'm speaking REALITY.
Remove the emotions, remove the fact you have a "Yellow Hornet" tattooed on your left buttocks & realize the 'Winder is top speed king.
That doesn't make it better or even "faster".
Hell i can admit that DOO may be my next purchase.
Hell i can admit the flaws in my 'Winder & the ones in my 19,000 mile Apex.

I'll be 53 on my next sled. Eventually i have to grow up.
I'll be looking at this 900T rear suspension, the belt life & gas mileage when off the throttle.
You won't grow up. Believe me....it's a disease that gets worse with age. I've got 10 years on you and bought the sidewinder as I love power, accelerating and passing most 2 strokes!!LOL!
Of which the apex still does too, of course!
Older we get there's less time ahead of us, so the obvious solution is to accelerate faster and get where we are heading sooner!
LOL!

Last edited:

Yeh I’m old too, 55 this year. Guess I fit the demographic for a Yamaha rider.

If it makes y’all feel any better, I’m 33 and own a winder

I saw the photo of the Snow Tech crew riding the new 900T in the UP recently on Dootalk. The Sidewinder they were using looks to have the Fox Air Floats. They mention in the article that the ride is better with the 900T Doo. IMHO they did not pick the SW model with the best shocks for this comparo.

Attachments

• DF1F54AF-DE26-4294-9C9A-06D83AAA4840.jpeg
    DF1F54AF-DE26-4294-9C9A-06D83AAA4840.jpeg
    74.8 KB · Views: 168
I thought that at first but after seeing a bunch of them this past season I really started to like the look.
As they say, “in the eye of the beholder”. IMHO, I think SD was trying to go back in time with the look of the RV of the late 70’s. with the G4. Personally I liked the G3 look the best of any Ski Doo’s of the past 30 plus years.

As they say, “in the eye of the beholder”. IMHO, I think SD was trying to go back in time with the look of the RV of the late 70’s. with the G4. Personally I liked the G3 look the best of any Ski Doo’s of the past 30 plus years.
Ski Doo has occasionally designed a real homely sled, but had a few winners too!

I don't think Jamie is comparing the 850 to the SW..:dunno: He knows they are not as fast.. I believe he is just saying that it will be possible to run true speeds in the low to mid 120's with a tuned 900T.. Time will tell...:)

Hmmm if a 150 hp Apex will run 120 so why not a 900 turbo?

No sled is perfect, period. I found this year my sidewinder loves the u.p. of Michigan vs the tight technical trails in Wisconsin. I'm positive weight of sled & my ability to handle is overwhelming.
Then you go and buy a $16k 900t to find it's lacking power and has to be tuned. Thats when the fun begins. Maybe other issues will show themselves. maybe it handles better....but maybe it don't. Haha.

For me and how I like to ride. The Sidewinder is a damn nice piece.

It's funny though, I know some skidoo guys are sick over the fact they don't have a dominant sled package to compare. Trust me. 10yrs over on dootalk.

A stock 900t will not deliver the performance of a Winder. Its down on power from 850 and weights more. That's that. 125mph???? Haha.....try 100mph. Which is fine....for some.

Happy Easter.......lol!

Again if a 150 Apex hits 120 why won't a 150 turbo 900? Even a 130hp Nytro breaks 100mph

Back