• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Real World 1500 Mile Low Down of new Ski Doo XR-S 900 Turbo vs. SideWinder

People are also willing to pay thousands of dollars on Mobile Strike credits.....yes I know these idiots.

Power steering should be limited to touring models, not performance machines.
Yep that is what the 900t Enduro is an adventure sled for big mile riders same as the Apex. 900t is not a go fast speed king sled again same as Apex. SW different users.

As far as power steering goes that’s a farse!
If you want your sled to steer with virtually no effort all you need to do is change the pivot position on the ski mount.

Don’t disagree at all. EPS or steering assist electronically is really overrated and not needed. Geometry changes achieves the same thing.
But that’s what there using in the power sport’s world. It sells. In the automotive world it’s a must.
If they produced a sled like I mentioned above,
900t’s would take a HUGE hit.
A more redefined pro cross skid can achieve r motion ride feel and let’s not forget that skidoo’s front end isn’t even in the same league as the pro cross.
These are just my Technical thoughts on the manufacture wars.
These days I’m all about the ADVENTURE during the snowmobile season, no loyalty to any manufacturer just blessed to be able to experience snowmobiling as a whole.

Don’t disagree at all. EPS or steering assist electronically is really overrated and not needed. Geometry changes achieves the same thing.
But that’s what there using in the power sport’s world. It sells. In the automotive world it’s a must.
If they produced a sled like I mentioned above,
900t’s would take a HUGE hit.
A more redefined pro cross skid can achieve r motion ride feel and let’s not forget that skidoo’s front end isn’t even in the same league as the pro cross.
These are just my Technical thoughts on the manufacture wars.
These days I’m all about the ADVENTURE during the snowmobile season, no loyalty to any manufacturer just blessed to be able to experience snowmobiling as a whole.
Absolutely ^^^^^^^^^
It really boils down too a shrinking market =
Less model options to choose from, causing said discussion ^^^^^

Can we get back to Global Warming now?

Hang onto those Winders guys. Enjoy them while you can. Cat and Yamaha are on the way out. The writing was on the wall and now the wall is gone. It's very unfortunate but the reality is Yamaha snowmobiles is a thing of the past and now Cat is on life support.

Cat is now in Hospice care.

Hang onto those Winders guys. Enjoy them while you can. Cat and Yamaha are on the way out. The writing was on the wall and now the wall is gone. It's very unfortunate but the reality is Yamaha snowmobiles is a thing of the past and now Cat is on life support.

Cat is now in Hospice care.

Another vicious rumor or is there some truth behind your statement ?

It’s been all over on Facebook posts for the past couple of weeks. Textron has downsized their Arctic Cat race team. Only 10 guys left. Doo guys are very excited about it....

Better stk up on winder parts now .

It’s been all over on Facebook posts for the past couple of weeks. Textron has downsized their Arctic Cat race team. Only 10 guys left. Doo guys are very excited about it....

Global Warming.....anyone?

Unfortunately both Yamaha and AC are on shaky ground with their corporates. Textron really has no interest in keeping Yamaha alive in the snowmobile market the current agreement AC only buys SW engine that’s it so not much revenue for Yamaha. Yamaha is super dependent on AC for assembly and availability of a sled chassis. Textron will keep downsizing AC keep them around if profitable. Textron just not interested in the snow biz. For now AC should be aok maybe healthier if Yamaha closes out and would try to absorb Yamahas faithful with no other place to go for SW and Vipers. Shrinking market is hurting AC and Yamaha the most Polaris and Doo not so much. Looks like a thinning of the OEM herd is in the near future.

It this ever decaying market who in their right mind is going to save cat/yam from being extinct.
If I was looking to grow my money sure as hell wouldn't put it into this sport.
Being number 1 (skidoo) in this climate isn't saying much. And nothing to be proud of.
If they had any brains they would offer three simple engine packages.
900/900t/850.....and start dropping the fat.
Same with the complexity of track length options. All they need is three. 137/155/172......done. pick one or move on!

Bombardier just also sold their commercial plane business to Mitsubishi for 550 mill .

Back