• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rear axle removal

vgs

What is the easiest way to remove rear axle on RX1 in order to replace wheels & bearings.

VGS,

Remove the nut from the rear axle, loosen the 14 mm nuts which apply the tension to the track. Make sure the track is nice a loose than slide the axle out. The axle is aluminum so DON'T hit it wait a hammer! If it does not slide out easily the use a punch or drift to apply force to the center of the axle, stay away from the threads. These threads damage very easily. Putting the axle back in can be tricky since the are many parts to line up. Several suppliers sell a bullet shaped tip which threads onto the axle to make installation much easier.

Just did mine. Careful when all the washers fall out. There are 4. One on each side of the rail.

Tks for all the help-Smokey what did you replace the rear outer wheels with as the axle size(20mm) restricts & I dont want the original wheels.

The original outer wheels do not have removable bearings. I replaced them with Yamaha (Yellow) wheels. They are exactly the same as the original only the bearings are removable.

Back