• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rear Idler wheels loose ?

you definitly need 2 change those wheels asap, I blew axle wheels around 4000kms, yours r overdue :flag:

The new wheels have a bigger hole in the midle than the original stock ones , will that cause trouble or am i missing some new hardware to comply with new wheels ?

What do you mean with " a bigger hole"? Do you mean in the bearing or the hole in the wheel with the bearing in it? You'll notice that there is a clip holding the bearing in the wheel, which is why the hole in the wheel is bigger than the original wheels you had so you can replace the bearing. The hole in the bearing (where the shaft goes in) should be the exact same as your original.

Ok i centered the nut and the wheel and used all original parts that were used for the original wheels. (is that ok ?)
I notice that the bearing seems more exposed to the element i have caps that came with the wheels and only fit one side. The nut is too big for the cap to fit on the other side. Can i leave it exposed like this ? I did add a little grease with my finger on the exposed side.

Attachments

• Picture 037 (Large).jpg
    Picture 037 (Large).jpg
    91 KB · Views: 124
  • Picture 057 (Large).jpg
    Picture 057 (Large).jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 127
X2 on the wheels being different,

quebec#1 the top picture is the Yamaha one where did you get the other wheel from (bottom picture)..

The top picture #057 if you are sitting on the sled the one on the right side..

Did the end caps come with the wheel, i've never seen them before..

I think you may have got wheels for the 2011 which has a bigger axle....thus a bigger bearing. If the bearing does not fit the axle tight, it is not correct. Someone can verify that part # for you. The reason that they look different is that you put the one in the lower photo in backwards.

sleddog66 said:
I think you may have got wheels for the 2011 which has a bigger axle....thus a bigger bearing. If the bearing does not fit the axle tight, it is not correct. Someone can verify that part # for you. The reason that they look different is that you put the one in the lower photo in backwards.

Ok my bad ! :o| I think the fumes got to me in the garage ! :drink: Both wheels are the same i just insatlled the clutch side backwards !
Is the cap really needed ? The clutch side one wont fit because the nut sticks out to much .
Thanks guys !

Back