• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rear Shocks

rx1mtn

Expert
Have a 2013 NYTRO XTX 1.75. Going through the rear suspension, no problems, just maintenance. With 11500 miles, though I better have the rear shocks rebuilt as long as they are off. Anything I should be aware of? Who should I get to rebuild them? Local dealer wants "about" $200.00 each. Is that the going price?
TIA, Denny

cannondale or hygear are both good guys to deal with. i think that price sounds a bit high as a refresh in canada is cheaper than that. used cannondale for shocks before and loved his work. he will also do custom valving for your weight to improve the ride.

i tend to get the shocks refreshed every 3-4000 km or when the ride starts suffering on my 11 xtx witch is the same suspension.

you should get the fronts serviced as well.

Thanks Maim!
For a normal service I get $30 a shock. That’s total disassembly,inspection,Amsoil and Nitrogen charge. Makes big difference even with only 3-4000mi on them!

Cannondale27, you may just have my business. Should I send them to the posted address? What info will you need? What's the aprox turn around time?

cannondale27 does awesome work!

Cannondale27, you may just have my business. Should I send them to the posted address? What info will you need? What's the aprox turn around time?
Yes address is good. Just include all your contact info. Less than a week turn around. I will call you when I get them. Looking forward to it!

Thank you

Thanks cannondale27 for the rebuilt shocks. Quick service and great price.
Hope you received my check.
Thanks again, Denny (RX1MTN)

Cannondale. "Steve" is awesome to work with!

Back