• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rear suspension question

Ice fisher

Veteran
Hello on my 2010 venture mp I noticed when the suspension is down off the lift it drops 2.5 inches and if I bounce on it, it doesn't realy move is this normal? I greased suspension and it seems to ride ok any info would be great thanks.

Trying to understand what you're saying here. So when you lower it from the lift, it goes down 2.5" and if you try to push it down further, it doesn't move? If that's the case, something is not right as there should be a lot more suspension travel.

Or do you mean that it goes down some more but doesn't come back up on its own? That's pretty much what my MP and the Phazers do.

Maybe the spring is just set too hard? Even then, mine will bottom out with me on it on a regular basis with the springs set to hi and the two-up block up. Does the rear look low? Check your front spring as I have had mine blow out when the straps stretched. My son's Phazer also had a similar issue when the front H-arm lost its bolts and broke a rail. If you don't find anything wrong, maybe have a big burly guy sit on it while you check the suspension.

The sled seems to ride smooth compared to my 08 polaris 2 up 550. I will have a good look again today at suspension. The 2 up blocks are down and it is set to medium, dosnt look low. Just find it odd that if I push down on rear bumper and it dosnt really move and the 2.5 inchs of sag what I guess is normal. Thanks for the info mooseman.

Please let us know what you find. Hope everything is OK.

Suspension looks ok I took some pictures of the rear pivot arm the one with the two grease fittings. First picture is the one off the lift second picture is with track lifted off the ground. I guess what I want to know is it normal with track on the ground and no extra wieght on the sled for the rear pivot arms be right collapsed together.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 119
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 126
Quite honestly, I don't know the true purpose of those. And mine are usually half collapsed when it's on the ground but I have my springs set to hi. Probably some sort of interaction with the springs and shocks when hitting bumps and such controls these. But, even with those collapsed, the suspension should still compress further.

If I had to guess, those probably control the suspension coupling. There is probably a spacer in there you could take out to be able to lift the skis some.

Sorry the pics didn't go threw. Yes there is a bit of travel and rides ok so I think it is normal thanks for the in put. I did see a new one at a local yamaha dealer did notice it was on medium and half collapsed when when sitting there maybe once it has 1900 miles the springs break in and it collapses when on medium. I can't figure out how to change size of pics to post will try again.

Looking at the Phazer's suspension today, those have a kind of pivot there instead. Probably they just add a bit more suspension travel.

Just went and went over suspension again put my settings to high and 2up block up those arms are about half way colapsed so I it's about the same as your mp mooseman. I think it must be normal or possibly the rear shock a little week. Just thought it was odd to colapse so easy.

Back