• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rear Torsion Spring Mod

did you and cannon dale put the same ones on? i found your part numbers posted on an earlier thread,

Yes I believe we used the same springs
We did. But the ones I bent were one step lighter yet. The problem with the cat lighter springs is the wind is too tight. That space stocker has from bigger wind gives just a little more static sag. Have been running stock spring for a year or more now. Would like the big wind and Lighter. Ordered the new rear spring for the Cat limiteds which is 135 vs our 165. They only have lefts! Go figure. By eye it looks to have the big wind. Tator wait till I figure this out before getting anything unless you are over 200lb. Spring chart is in FAQ also.

Anyone ride there ltx with the coupler block out? Does it transfer more?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3800 miles with mine out, just a bit more transfer which it needs but sled is still planted awesome in corners.

Any pit falls from taking it out? I just had my shocks re valved and it really transfers now but I would like just a bit more! I think I'll be taking it out before my U.P trip on Wednesday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no complaints at all, it gives the sled a bit more attitude but has no negative affect on handling or cornering. My blocks will never go back on my sled!
Did you pull entire shaft, or just blocks off shaft?

did you and cannon dale put the same ones on? i found your part numbers posted on an earlier thread,
I got the righthand one today. Its a new spring. Not on the charts. Cat Part #2704-026. Left is on backorder. This is what I was hoping for. 16.5lb vs our 18.5 stock spring AND it has the large dia coil which will help increase sag vs the old lighter spring Studroes has and I tried. Here is pic
Top is stock 18.5 Mid is the new 16,5 and bottom is the old lighter spring we tried.
IMG_1199.JPG

The larger coil allows some slop. Thats good in my opinion. I am putting just this one on with stock spring on other side for now and waiting for Left hand to become available. The one spring should help a little but of course would like both. I am not sure if Yamaha has this same spring in there sleds. Very well could be.
IMG_1200.JPG

Last edited:

Back