• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Recall Apex Radiator Brackets

there is no recall regarding that problem, if the sled is still under warranty they should cover it

Yes, there is a problem with the radiator brackets cracking/breaking, no there is not a recall on this issue. I would think that if you had a good dealer, even if your warranty is out, they could get you the rad from Yamaha. They probably won't cover the install, but you could easily do it yourself. It wouldn't hurt to try and tak to your dealer. It likely won't be the first one they've seen.

I believe the issue was only on the 06's. I think they made the change on the 07's and up.

Does anybody know for sure if this is fixed on the '07's?

I have a '08 w/same old brackets from '06, I used TIE WRAPS as a back up incase or when they do let go for it not to slam in to the BRAKE ROTOR and cut it open and have coolant all over the place...

If I'm not mistaking I remember seeing a post on a updated 1, the brackets where 1 big peice accross the top in place of the little TABS we have on OEM'S :dunno:

Back