• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Recalled Fuel Line Leak

So I went to the fiche and There are multiple different part numbers from 2017 to 2022 for that fuel line that does not have the in line filter.

Did you get the fuel line installed? If so, How did the install go?

The filter less fuel line part numbers are:
8NF F4310-00-00 is for 2020 viper
8JX F4310-00-00 is for 2018-2019 viper
8JP-F4310-00 is for 2017 viper

Not sure what the difference between all the different part numbers are or which one is correct replacement for a 2015 viper mtx.

Pretty sure this is newest. Either way it is good. No clamps and plastic hose. 10 minutes to install. Just removed piece fuel filler neck goes through and the right spar hose runs under.

1642790353148.jpeg

Did you get the fuel line installed? If so, How did the install go?

The filter less fuel line part numbers are:
8NF F4310-00-00 is for 2020 viper
8JX F4310-00-00 is for 2018-2019 viper
8JP-F4310-00 is for 2017 viper

Not sure what the difference between all the different part numbers are or which one is correct replacement for a 2015 viper mtx.

@2015ViperMTX , can you confirm that you received the 8NF hose and it fit properly on your 2015?

I noticed it's the cheapest and newest of these 3, but also correlates with the new body work introduced in '20 so there's a chance it's slightly different than the 8JX due to body work.

8NF-F4310-00-00 is installed with no issues. Price was $27.29. I don’t think body work would change the fuel line. It runs in the exact location of the old one.

The Arctic Cat part number is 1770-200 for 33.95 Canadian. It is from an 18 or 19 7000.

This is a molded plastic fuel lie with the O ring pump end and the O ring fuel rail end all molded on. No clamps, no filter. Nothing to leak, I hope.

Did you end up doing this mod? So it eliminates the fuel filter and runs directly from the pump to the rail?

I'm about to hit 5,000 miles on my 7000 cat and i'm debating if I should just swap the filter or go to this new line. Seems like this new hose is plug and play, no?

Last edited:
Did you end up doing this mod? So it eliminates the fuel filter and runs directly from the pump to the rail?

I'm about to hit 5,000 miles on my 7000 cat and i'm debating if I should just swap the filter or go to this new line. Seems like this new hose is plug and play, no?
Yes, I used this hose 2 years ago to replace the old hose a filter assy. There is no filter now. My leak was at one of the filter to hose connections and dripped on the exhaust heat shield. Change it before you become one of those flaming sled videos. The Yamaha part number is on the bag a few posts above. Price out both and buy the cheapest or the closest to you.

BP

I did the same mod before this season on my Viper. It ran all season (about 1700 miles) without the filter and I didn’t notice any adverse effects. The part number I used was 8NF-F4310-00-00 and it was about $25.

Yes, I used this hose 2 years ago to replace the old hose a filter assy. There is no filter now. My leak was at one of the filter to hose connections and dripped on the exhaust heat shield. Change it before you become one of those flaming sled videos. The Yamaha part number is on the bag a few posts above. Price out both and buy the cheapest or the closest to you.

BP

Thanks! Just for reference did you use the yamaha part or the Arctic cat part (I assume they are the same)

I did the same mod before this season on my Viper. It ran all season (about 1700 miles) without the filter and I didn’t notice any adverse effects. The part number I used was 8NF-F4310-00-00 and it was about $25.

Any tips to the install or is it pretty straightforward?

Pretty straight forward, but easier to access if you remove hood. I ended up removing the plastic holder for the old filter too. If I recall correctly, I had to remove the right side support over the tank too, but that’s just 2 bolts.

I used the Yamaha part, but pretty sure they are identical.

Thanks! Just for reference did you use the yamaha part or the Arctic cat part (I assume they are the same)
I used the Cat part because I go by the dealer every day. The parts are the same. Mine was around $35 Canadian. $US would be cheaper since our money is worthless.

Back