• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Recommendations for ordering parts on-line?

If you live in Canada and want to shipped to your door who do you deal with? I was about to post a thread on this, normally I get stuff shipped to a border town, but I just came back from there and don't want to do the trip again.

I need to order a left grip warmer, handlebar, and most importantly some new sliders, mine are worn through at the front.

I believe Port Yamaha will ship right to your door and will use USPS/Canada Post so you don't get hosed by the other shippers.

hearnoevil said:
NO response from port yamaha, anyone else out there I can deal with> i only want a set of springs.

I would suggest a phone call (if you haven't already), they're probably swamped. Talk to Kevin I think.

waz said:
If you live in Canada and want to shipped to your door who do you deal with? I was about to post a thread on this, normally I get stuff shipped to a border town, but I just came back from there and don't want to do the trip again.

I need to order a left grip warmer, handlebar, and most importantly some new sliders, mine are worn through at the front.

I use a US shipping address so I don't have to worry about the brokerage fees at the border.

I've always had pretty good luck at cyclepartwarehouse.
But it depends on the size of the order. For one or two items, the shipping can wash out the savings. For small orders, I find that ordering online thru my local dealer and picking item up in store is sometimes best. (NO SHIPPING$$)

kargaaro said:
dansranger said:
These people seem to be the cheapest I have found.

http://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/

www.metricpartsoutlet.com is where I usually shop online and they are cheaper than anything I have compared. 7-10 business days and don't always answer the phone tho.

i dont think they are cheaper than yamahasportsplaza.
i just compared some items.
the speedo assy. almost 100 bucks more at metric parts
then i checked the cylinder head almost 200 more at metric parts.
checked the starter. 55 bucks more at metric parts.
they seem to beat some of yamahasportsplaza prices on the small parts here and there but for the most part what i see is yamahasportsplaza is cheaper

Back