• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Red elbow updated part #

fourload

TY 4 Stroke Master
This is from Port Yamaha's online parts detail. It is #4.
Screen Shot 2018-01-01 at 10.10.20 PM.png

The old one in my 17 is red. Not sure but I think the updated one is black. I just ordered a new one and will compare it to the older one in my 17. On the 18 parts detail it says the 18's already have the new one.

Yes new one is black and is basically straight through. Red one is necked down to a little hole. After installing mine I tried taking it back off and broke it so I just drilled out the red one no problem. I used a 5/32 just to be on the safe side, but it is plenty open now just like the black one was. Don't forget to order a new clamp as well if you are changing the fitting.

I just ordered the updated part. I figured it's cheap so why not.

I posted this 3 days ago in another thread about cutting out....I will have to go find my post to see if anyone had replied to me. It was something Tom read on FB but I had never seen this.

My new 18 came with red elbow too. Built in July tho.

So you guys say its cause fuel pressure was too HIGH? Interesting.

Just drill it out then?

Dan

Some had too high of fuel psi I believe.
Yes! If you take it of and look into it you will see it narrows. Its to smal ,its not letting enough fuel from the regulator into the fuel-tank.

[emoji15] and after reading on here, they said drill out the red 90 to 3/16". I hope this gets cleared up so i know if im good or i need to order another red 90!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I wouldn't drill anything. I would just replace it with the updated part.

Back