• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Relay Help

If the sled is cold, it does help when dealing with the front relays ( in the Nytro's nose) to heat them up with a hair dryer. The rubber that mounts them is softer and the relay seems more agreeable to come out when warm.

Since you are going through the exercise, a bit of dielectric grease on all the relays is not a bad thing.

As for the starter relay, once you purchase a new one, (which was improved over the original ones up to 2011 I believe) you likely wont have a problem again. However if you do, taking a screw driver and arc'ing the two terminals will make the starter engage (I didn't know that when I had issues.).
Good luck
MS

Yeah they are a bugger to get to. Expect some bloody knuckles...or borrow a really tiny set of hands...

I unscrewed the entire bracket that holds the 4 relays which allowed for a tad more room. Having a warmed up work area, or shop would certainly help...but waaaaay better than changing on the trail at -30

Pretty much 95% of what I tried to do Friday was get the solenoid cleaned up put back in and get the relays out but I just ended up breaking the stupid black things that hold everything together and get a couple banged up knuckles

Back