• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Relay Help

Yep...change battery for starters. Last thing you want is a dead batt on a 4 stroke Nytro on a cold morning (especially when not a home). Buy a new starter selenoid aswell...or clean that used one you have...and smear some dielectric grease on it.

I always carry a new back up starter selenoid w me...just in case. And while ur at it...switch out your relays w the red solid state ones. Once you have done all this...you should be good for quite some time. Oh...and always check to see if your batt connections are tight...loose ones can often times be the simple culprit

Yep...change battery for starters. Last thing you want is a dead batt on a 4 stroke Nytro on a cold morning (especially when not a home). Buy a new starter selenoid aswell...or clean that used one you have...and smear some dielectric grease on it.

I always carry a new back up starter selenoid w me...just in case. And while ur at it...switch out your relays w the red solid state ones. Once you have done all this...you should be good for quite some time. Oh...and always check to see if your batt connections are tight...loose ones can often times be the simple culprit

Do the red relays work with the 09 nytros without an adaptor or how does that work? Also are the relays that you’d be replacing next to the air box four in a row I believe?

I had a bad starter relay on my vector and when cold outside I would go and try to start it and it would not start. So I would take a hair dryer and heat the relay up and it would start up. So then I got a used relay and that one did the same thing. So I got a brand new starter relay and it has been good ever since. When you try to start your sled in the cold and if it does not start then try to heat up the relay with a hair dryer and then see if it starts and if it does start then it is probably your relay.

On my Attak the relay connectors didn’t look that bad. Where I had a problem was with heavy oxidation on the pins of the plug that connected into the top of the relay itself. I got the pins out and really cleaned them up AND replaced the relay starter so I knew I was working with good parts.

No I have not tried that is it easy to do

Yea it’s easy. Put the relay back in and take a screw driver or wire to make a connection between the 2 screws. If it starts up it’s not your battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have actually witnessed guys peeing on their Yamaha relay on crazy cold mornings (-33 C) to thaw them out....lmao....and it worked...
MP5, that is pretty funny, haha!!!:rofl:;)!. I would never do that to my Yamaha though, lol

Guys I appreciate all the feedback if possible can anyone post a picture of the starter relay. I took out what I believe is the starter solenoid but I’m not sure if that’s the same as the relay or where the relay is I appreciate the help

Thanks MP5 will the red ssr replace my current starting solenoid

Yea what you took out isn’t the mechanical relay that gets replaced with the red ssr. The red ssr goes under the hood to the left of the steering rod base. There are 4 black mechanical relays mounted in a rubber housing that’s a real pain to get to unless you take some stuff apart.

What you took off is the starter relay. It’s the fuel pump relay that’s problematic under the hood.

The green thing next the the starter relay you removed is a fuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. I would replace the battery...the starter relay (under hood by battery), and at least the fuel relay at the front left beside steering arm (3rd one back). I replaced all of them while I had the relay panel apart.

Alright thank you guys I apologize Im not the most mechanically encluned but I’m trying to learn to do it myself Incase I have problems while riding

Yeah I’ve taken most os the panels of but am having issues getting my hand in by the relays

Back