• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Relay Rod Gave Way. Is This Common?

BIG BLACK WARRIOR

VIP Member
2016 Apex LE Front End of relay rod where it attaches to the bolt going through the front of the rear suspension shock worn through, and came off, caught in the track, and sled came to an abrupt halt. Is this common with these relay rods? About 5,000 miles on sled. Other side was just about worn through also.

2016 Apex LE Front End of relay rod where it attaches to the bolt going through the front of the rear suspension shock worn through, and came off, caught in the track, and sled came to an abrupt halt. Is this common with these relay rods? About 5,000 miles on sled. Other side was just about worn through also.

Not common at all.

working on an updated stainless steel upgrade for these relay rods. Have heard they are weak link.

I have never had one let go.. I have 17000 miles on one of our Apex's but good to know you have something in the works just in case.

his is a 16 with single shot. It is just the single shot relay arms that fail

My nytro rtx se has these relay rods and the ends do wear out. I believe Schmidt bros made aftermarket ones for the nytro.

Will be adding them to online store this week.

relay rods.jpg

Back