• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Relocated the fuse box

So it is the fuse (relay) in the box?
Here's the fuse and relay layout.

006%20Fuses_zpsxzqa6dzr.jpg

Fuse%20and%20Relays%202_zpsg3keezbu.jpg

I've thought about placing a direct to battery, switched hand warmer element on top of the
relays. Conduction is better than convection!;) But I'm not sure if the time it would take, to warm up the relays, would drain the battery too much to start the machine?:dunno:

I've only had one no start due to a stuck relay. Pretty embarrassing when riding with a group of SkiDoos.:(

Last edited:

So the "fuel pump" relay is what I can take out to bring inside and keep warm...

Great dea...I just moved mine today....took all of 10 minutes!! Now have good access to fuse block as you have said. Many Thankx!

I haven't even tried bringing the relay inside to see if it'll make a difference starting..

So the "fuel pump" relay is what I can take out to bring inside and keep warm...

If that's the plan you should also pull the ISC relay. Both relays need to be working for the engine to start.

Has any one seen any ill effects from putting the fuse box on its side? Fuses or relays falling out/loose, water getting in? Does anyone make a bracket to keep it upright on top of the belt guard?
I've got 3 Vipers to do and (2) 7000s.

I've had no problem with the box mounted on it's side so far.

Has any one seen any ill effects from putting the fuse box on its side? Fuses or relays falling out/loose, water getting in? Does anyone make a bracket to keep it upright on top of the belt guard?
I've got 3 Vipers to do and (2) 7000s.

Mounting on the side directly to the belt guard makes me nervous. Some have stated no problems is so many miles. I have a feeling the odds are in their favor. A blown belt could change their mind.

The Barn of Parts bracket is a very nice quality piece.

http://www.barnofparts.com/viper-fuse-box-relocate-kit

013%20Fuse%20Relocate_zpsowwtk3fy.jpg

Easy to install, isolates from the belt guard, and holds the fuse block in the proper position.
And it seconds as a great spare belt storage option.

014%20Fuse%20ReLocate%20Belt%20Storage_zpswqmpzppe.jpg

In my opinion, it's too nice of a sled to do it any other way. Cheers.

Awesome idea!!!! I wish I would have read this thread a week ago when troubleshooting fan!!!
This one is for sure on my next "to do list"
thank you greatly for sharing!!;)!;)!;)!;)!;)!

I'm going to move mine. It looks like a very simple project, and one that I'll be thankful I did should I need to access it. As soon as someone posts a photo of a mangled wiring harness I MAY consider spending more than the $.00 it costs to do this mod. (the rivets are in my cabinet already :))

9659E126-DBC3-4DE8-9EAB-EA16B467DDA9.jpeg
1E570EB4-07E7-4EEB-9D8A-9C996FA3FB84.jpeg
D7F27250-16AB-4D41-B273-199E1EAEEEEA.jpeg
I posted this somewhere but I thought I’d ad it to this thread. This is how I moved mine. Couple of rivets. Drilled one hole, used an existing hole in gaurd. Also slightly bent the bracket. Fits right on the rib in the gaurd.

Back