• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Remapping update

Has anyone noticed any improvements on their Viper since having the remapping update done as far as the hot starting issue or any other noticeable changes to mention.What are your results since then ?

Last year before the flashes we had numerous no starts and crank spike codes. Not a single one this year since reflash. So promising!

If I ever get to ride mine I will let you know.

The few times I have started it it seemed better.

Come on snow!

Last year before the flashes we had numerous no starts and crank spike codes. Not a single one this year since reflash. So promising!
Good to hear positive results so far ,as it is still early in the season many still have not had the opportunity yet to ride and put some actual riding time on their sled so hopefully we will hear from the others as well to positively give it a thumbs up.

so far i have 183 kilometres on my XTX. had the re flash done 2 weeks ago. prior to the reflash my viper actually started better when hot where others were complaining of the hot start issue. It also did well in cold temperatures up to about -20. Whent for an afternoon ride after sitting in -42 all night and it took me 3 cycles of about 1 minute long each to get it started. Tried the exact same thing after the reflash in -35 and it started flawlessly. whatever they did it works, and took my dealer all of 5 minutes to do. big thumbs up to yamaha/cat for this update :4STroke:

so far i have 183 kilometres on my XTX. had the re flash done 2 weeks ago. prior to the reflash my viper actually started better when hot where others were complaining of the hot start issue. It also did well in cold temperatures up to about -20. Whent for an afternoon ride after sitting in -42 all night and it took me 3 cycles of about 1 minute long each to get it started. Tried the exact same thing after the reflash in -35 and it started flawlessly. whatever they did it works, and took my dealer all of 5 minutes to do. big thumbs up to yamaha/cat for this update :4STroke:
Sounds like good news.Dont want to give them SkiDoo/Polaris guys a good reason to bust balls.

Sounds like good news.Dont want to give them SkiDoo/Polaris guys a good reason to bust balls.
My riding partner blew the clutch and belt out of his M8000 the same day and another friend is busy deciding which "fix kit" to put in his pro rmk before the snow flies again lmao :yam:

Good to hear positive results so far ,as it is still early in the season many still have not had the opportunity yet to ride and put some actual riding time on their sled so hopefully we will hear from the others as well to positively give it a thumbs up.
We had the issues on new sleds right out of the crate. Some repeatedly. Not a single problem now. I am confident enough that my 7000 buddy and I are both reflashing ours before the ride tomorrow.

I noticed on both of ours after the flash that the idle is MUCH better. Please note that I ride from 10k to 12k altitude but expect the better idle is not altitude specific.

Wish i could have some input on this.
I havebeen waiting and waiting for my dealer to get the tool.
Now that they have it i am being told the earliest they can do the fuel line and ecu remap is jan 2nd.
I will be head up to maine to ride starting dec 19th

Guess i just keep running it and hope it starts and dont catch on fire. Lol

Mine idles a lot better and hasn't refused to start yet. However my tail light comes on now as soon as I turn the key on. I don't remember it doing that before the re-flash. Anybody else notice that?

My 2014 XF7000's tail light comes on with the turn of the key. When I picked it up, mid October this year, dealer said all recalls had been done. Specifics were not noted. I don't know if that included the re-flash, or not. Unfortunately the sled is still sitting, in my garage, with 2 miles on it. I may have to travel for my first test run.

I never rode mine before the update. But I did get the reflash and so did my buddy on his 15 LTX LE, we noticed that on a "hot start" you couldn't let the pump prime. If you did it wouldn't start. Both sleds had less than 5 miles on them at the start of the day, and noticed it happen almost every time after. I have never had this issue on my turbo Nytro...

All sounds good from the others,time is the beholder of truth or consequeces if this is this answer to the startup issues or the beginning of another nightmare waiting to happen.

Back