• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Reverse issue

Only trouble i've had is not being able to get it in reverse after i tilt the trailer seems to bind it. I do get the beeps just wont go in gear. I've learned to start it put it in reverse and leave the parking brake on before tilting never an issue since. maybe your issue maybe not?

sometimes mine will not go all the way into reverse, all I do is wiggle my butt, which moves the sled a bit , and in it go's! Been that way since new.

Reverse

You can adjust the linkage to solve this.

I had that problem with the beeper happen twice when mine was new (03 Silver shorty). When I had it at dealer for first 500 mi. oil change, I mentioned it to the mechanic who is a friend. He said just a simple adjustment to linkage. Never happened since. Oh, and when it did happen, it was only after a long ride when it was really hot. Once it was cooled off, no beeping.

It happened after a short ride. It sat for about 20 min then tried it in reverse. It beeped but no reverse> I did smell the belt burning though. Guess I'll try the butt wiggle technique. : :roll: :

I find that you have to wait a few seconds before you get on the throddle. I ususally wait until I hear 4 beaps....and then go. Seems to work.

Linkage

If you look at the chaincase, you will notice adjustable linkage connected to the reverse lever. Loosen the locknuts and one end of the linkage. Lenghten or shorten by screwing in or out. Lenghtening will probably work to get it back into forward from reverse if it isn't going in all the way.

Check all of your linkage, especially the nylock nuts on the ball joints. I found one that was not tight. Had just enough slop in it to cause the exact same problem. Tightened it up, checked the adjustments, and the problem has been gone for 1200 miles.

I would say that the reverse on my Warrior is the slickest operating mechanical reverse I have seen on a sled. I've had reverse on many sleds but they haven't operated with the ease and precision that this one does. I would definitely say you have a linkage adjustment issue or a potential chain case problem. If not under warranty I would pull the chaincase cover to ensure there are no problems lurking in there. It would be an expensive fix otherwise.

Back