• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rider forward without the work? Pivoting/articulating riser

Frostbite

TY 4 Stroke God
This could very well be my last year on my 03 RX-1. I LOVE my RX-1M but I find myself drawn to the lighter weight sleds these days.

I really like the what TRXSTER has done with the rider forward setup on his sleds. I'd like to do it as well but I don't want to lose any resale value by changing too much (drilling a large hole forward of the handle bar).

So, I was wondering if something like this might work well?

http://www.hiperf.com/acatalog/instructions15580.pdf

I was thinking I could tip the bars back while I'm riding the trails and jam it forward when Jonnyrocket and I take off cross country.

I'm sure there are many variations of pivoting (even articulating) bar risers available but (for those of you who have tried this already) how well does the concept work? If you know of one that works better please leave me a link.

Thanks Guys

Frosty

it wont work as well, because you will try to move a weight at the same place as before, but with the bar forward, you will loose some moment arm.

i tryed it before moving all the Steering post, and it was like driving a 16' aluminium boat on reverse.

I don't think the relocate would hurt the resale at all. If anything, selling it out here in the mountains they will be glad it's done. You won't have a problem selling your sled. We are thinking alike though. I really like the 4 strokes, but as much as I like messing with them I'm really leaning towards going astray to something else. I wouldn't mind rebuilding it or whatever every few years. Be kinda fun. I am really thinking like a Polaris 440 IQ Racer converted to a 151" w/ a Union Bay 180hp engine in it. Be about 430lbs. complete, but hella fun in the mountains.

Aaron

Frosty,

I have an articulating risor and like it a lot. You have the ability to move the handlebars forward which does help when boondocking. It might not be as good as the "rider forward", but it is good enough for me and sounds like it would be great for your application. Then when ready to sell, you can put it back to stock.
Now all we need is some snow.

Thanks guys!

I remember seeing an add (maybe even a magazine test) of an articulating bar riser that worked really well but cost roughly $300.

Honestly the $47.95 price tag of this one seems pretty darn reasonable.

Once my Sportech Hand Guards get here (very shortly) I may need a bit more rise to be able to turn my bars. Next I suppose I'll need a longer throttle cable.

Frosty

Frostbite,

Take a look at the Rox adjustable height riser, the quality is much better and it articulates and you can vary the height if you like. It will cost a little more than the power madd riser but it looks much better and the quality is top notch. It will set you back about $150

Tom

http://www.roxspeedfx.com/cgi-bin/cart/ ... cat_id=289

Frostbite said:
Thanks guys!

I remember seeing an add (maybe even a magazine test) of an articulating bar riser that worked really well but cost roughly $300.

Honestly the $47.95 price tag of this one seems pretty darn reasonable.

Once my Sportech Hand Guards get here (very shortly) I may need a bit more rise to be able to turn my bars. Next I suppose I'll need a longer throttle cable.

Frosty

Frosty, The one I purchased at MASH was ~ $85.00. They are getting the ROX brand in shortly. Don't know price though.

Frostbite I think I'm using the riser you are thinking of.

I have used the 6" riser from:

http://www.monsterworks.ca/

Quality product and good company to deal with! The motionbar riser gives you a system very close to Polaris ride select.

Johnny Rocket-- do you have any pics of your riser instlled? What height did you go with?
I'm looking at the MonsterWorks one but at $400. thats a bit prices for just tilting the bars.

culvert said:
Johnny Rocket-- do you have any pics of your riser instlled? What height did you go with?
I'm looking at the MonsterWorks one but at $400. thats a bit prices for just tilting the bars.

I have a 3" risor which works pretty well. At 5'10" the 3" risor is just right. Hands get colder than before, but it sure helps pull the heavier sled over when boondocking and sidehilling. I don't have any close up pics. Here is the closest thing I have for a pic w/it installed.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b306/Jhowes/1037.jpg

J.

Mine is a Powermadd 6" riser but my bars are slightly shorter than stock. Only bad thing about it is that the pivot joint is not knurled so even when it is tight they will move sometimes on me.

However, since I have slammed into them a couple of times and they moved rather than break my ribs.....I'm kinda thankful. I've seen a few risers that look a bit ominous to me so be carefull and don't smack them when you hit a deep snowbank or something.

Rt

Re: Rider forward without the work? Pivoting/articulating ri

Frostbite said:
This could very well be my last year on my 03 RX-1. I LOVE my RX-1M but I find myself drawn to the lighter weight sleds these days.

I really like the what TRXSTER has done with the rider forward setup on his sleds. I'd like to do it as well but I don't want to lose any resale value by changing too much (drilling a large hole forward of the handle bar).

So, I was wondering if something like this might work well?

http://www.hiperf.com/acatalog/instructions15580.pdf

I was thinking I could tip the bars back while I'm riding the trails and jam it forward when Jonnyrocket and I take off cross country.

I'm sure there are many variations of pivoting (even articulating) bar risers available but (for those of you who have tried this already) how well does the concept work? If you know of one that works better please leave me a link.

Thanks Guys

Frosty

I'm 6'-6" tall and use that very same pivot with a 2" riser block. I get 3.5" total (I thinkk???) Stock cables will work with the setup too. It gets you much needed, rider "improved" ergos.

I would just go ahead and install Wildchilds rider forward kit. You wouldn't believe the difference. Feels better than an Apex. As for the hole, buy Mountain Mods new tank cover.

Most people would agree that the 2 biggest basic differences between the RX1 and the Apex are rider forward positioning and the fuel injected engine. The Wildchild kit is the easiest and cheapest way to do it right. What more can I say?

Back