• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

riding the back wheels

striperpro

So I bought a 2003 rx1 this year with 3200 miles on it for 1500.00 dollars. I haven't had a Yamaha since back in the early v Max days. Been a cat man for 10 or so years but I have grown up now and bought this 4 stroke and I am in love with it. So back to my question how do I get this tank to ride on its back wheels like I see on YouTube. I have adjusted the transfer rods my next step is loosing the straps. What else can I do to get it to stay on the rear wheels. I was thinking of gearing it but would a clutch kit be better. Any help would be appreciated . Never going back to 2 strokes after feeling the rush of 4 strokes :4STroke: :rocks:

how ya gonna streer with it in the air? You live in the east where there is trails, gotta keep it down so ya don't run it into a tree or worse yet into someone else.

I guess I would have to put the front down to turn. But it would be cool to ride some long #*$&@ wheelies down the river. Yes I do live in the east and we do have some awesome trail system with lots of trees on left and right

striperpro said:
I guess I would have to put the front down to turn. But it would be cool to ride some long #*$&@ wheelies down the river. Yes I do live in the east and we do have some awesome trail system with lots of trees on left and right
Would that not be skilies, wheelies are for motorcycles. :-o

03 rx1's needed some clutching work from the factory. i would start there as yours sounds like it is totally stock.

Thanks for the advice. It was a steal. It had been sitting on a trailer for a couple years previous owner had bought a apex so he didnt ride it anymore and it was to much machine for his grandkids so he let it go cheap.

Best way is to swap in a cat skid! Seriously! You'll get a better riding sled as well out of the deal!

Find a ZR skid and swap it in! Others have done it. Doo skid might work as well but I know a 2,000 ZR will ride on the track for a long ways.

Back