• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ripsaw Overrated

I have used many 6-pitch tracks, varied heights and w-w/o open windows. They are excellent tracks for drags and trail riding. The ripsaw is prob. better all around trail traction both tracks being unstudded. That being said, studded I prefer the 6-pitch and unstudded I prefer the ripsaw.
JMHO :4STroke:

Turk said:
9818 is way better track for drag racing then a ripsaw.

I won't argue that statement. However, My 05 RX beats my buddies out of the hole alot better than my 03 with the 9833 (fully clipped 9818). I think alot of this could be directly related to the Mono-shock RA. The only thing I don't like about the current OEM ripsaw is the 3rd window closed design. Riding in above 32 degree temps with 3rd window closed is a joke. Kiss your slides bye bye extra fast.

I have allways had better slider life with an closed window track. A lot of my buds can back me up on that one too.

Hey Turk, You said the 1" will lose top speed over the "stock" track. Do you mean the ripsaw. Have you heard much about that Blair Morgan track.

150 Fuelie said:
Charged RTX said:
Don't tell me about the other qualities of the Ripsaw I don't care.
No offense, but most here don't care about your opinion of your track either seeing that most here could benefit more from the ripsaw. By the way, have you noticed that every manufacturer now offers the ripsaw on their sleds :ORC

He started the thread regarding a specific aspect of this track, if he doesnt want to know about other aspects thats his business...its HIS THREAD.

i dont have anything against the ripsaw...hooks up awesome....but not on ice tho. i have no studs. dont care or hear any howling. any sled goin 80mph is gonna have track noise..DUH!!!

Charged RTX said:
I run a 6 pitch 1 1/4 on my RX-1 and have never been consistantly beat out of the hole in a drag race on the snow by a ripsaw. If they did have a faster sled they would usually need 250-350' to go buy. Which is faster in a drag race? Trying to decide what to run in my RTX. May even go 1" 6 pitch, has anyone run this track. Top end is also a big concern, we usually drag for about 1/2 mile. :4STroke: Don't tell me about the other qualities of the Ripsaw I don't care.
I'm not sure what you are asking. What's the difference between the 1 1/4 6 pitch and the 1 1/4 ripsaw that comes with the RTX?

The 1" 9830 or doo track has better top end then the ripsaw. That Doo track works better then I ever thought it would. Been der dun it saw it!!!!!

My buddy ran 6pitch on his new Mach and went thru alot of studs as in bending them it seemed to get good traction but I don't know if it was any better than ripsaw we rode apprx. 1000 mls together used same studs ,seems the wider pitch put more pressure on studs. I ran long alum. nuts he ran the shorter long alum.nuts, I liked the ripsaw better but just my choice.

Back