• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Risers

Heater

Has anyone instaled handlebar risers? How high can you go before you have to start worrying about throttle and brakeline issues? :Rockon:

I added a 5" riser to my Rx1M, only has to add to the throttle, all the other cables/hoses were long enough. Might have to do abit of routing but it worked good for me :D

Just wondering what Red used to extend the throttle cable and if you could post pics , thanks, Ken.

I used a powermadd throttle extender, it adds 10" to the stock one. It is a universal fit, it was a on 01 Doo Highamrk for a year and worked good, no problems with it.

I'm a flatlander wanting to raise my handle bars. I see you can start with 3/4" blocks and go all the way up to 2" blocks without needing new cables. Will the 3/4" be enough or will the 2" be too much? I like the idea of raising them with the 2" blocks for those times when you want to ride with a more stand-up position but am worried they may be too high for the majority of the trail riding I will do. What have you guys done and what would you suggest?

I different idea would be is to get the Mountain handle bars. There are about 2" taller than the short track models. If your are interested I took the bars off my mountain and put on aftermarket bars.

Mountain Handlebars

I had mountain handlebars with a 1" riser installed on my 04 Warrior. All the cables were changed. I am 6'4" and can now stand comfortably. Also, the height and strap make it a lot easier to turn in deep powder. The only draw back was it took a few rides to get used to a sharp right turn because of the handlebar height. Now that I am used to it, I would not go with anyother set up.

2" on my 03 e/r 121" you will need a longer throttle cable! But it is one of my best mods todate!

Skydog

I have a buddy on this site that goes by the name of Monker who installed a 3" riser with the Boss seat on his 04 Warrior. It can be done. He had to reroute a couple of cables, but they are all stock. I tried it out this weekend and I loved it. I just purchased the Boss seat and 2" risers for my 03 RX1. He is about 6'1". If you work at it, you will not need extended cables with a 3" riser.

My fault. I misunderstood Monker. Sorry for the confusioin. Am I correct in saying that with the 2" riser, you would be OK?

I don't understand how you 6' + guys do it. I'm only 5' 7" tall and my bars are still about 2 inches too low for my liking. I'm still crouching down when I stand so that I can touch my bars. I have a 2" Sportech ABR with a 3/4" MPI solid block under the stock yamaha clamps on my '03 Mountain and a Boss High Rise seat.

Attachments

• RX-1 pics 018.jpg
    RX-1 pics 018.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 368
actually its only 9"...and yes all the stock wires do work amazingly. i had to change the brake hose and throttle cable-but i went to a different setup now...protaper bars with a 6" block and a pivot adapter...still at around 5" higher than stock

Back