• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rode Warrior Today, Tug Hill Update

BIG BLACK WARRIOR

VIP Member
Today was my second ride on the Warrior. Put on 75 miles today. :lol: :lol: Since I now have over 100 miles on it, I figured it was time for a couple of short speed runs. On a hard packed snow covered road I took two 1/2 mile speed runs. Speedo read 121 MPH on both runs. Probably could have got a little more out of the Warrior with a little more distance. Not too bad, considering I weight 260 lbs, add on 10 lbs for leathers and boots, and I am hauling around 270 lbs on the Warrior. No mods done at this time, but I will probably put on the filter kit and HH stage 2 clutch kit. Got 16 MPG today. Can't tell too much about the ride quality because their were no big bumps. The southeast end of Tug Hill was in excellent condition for the amount of snow there was. Highmarket up to Flatrock was excellent. North of Flatrock was good, but there were some snowcovered frozen truck tire ruts in the trail. Most trails south of Flatrock had about 6-8 inches of hard packed snow with some a couple inches of fluffy lake effect snow on top of it. Bad News is no new snow in the forecast for the Tug until at least next Wednesday.

Cool!!!!

Cool Big Black..I was down there myself yesterday and put about the same miles on my 03. Sounds like we ran the same trials. :lol: I hoping this will make a good base atleast. I'm planning on taking the wife down next week (thurs.-fri) Or maybe wait til the weekend depending on how much more snow the Hill gets. She's just dying to try out her SXR 600 triple I bought her. Have to wait and see at this point. Let me know when your going down again. Later!

WHat rpms were you running from the start and when you were going 110mph?

Im guessing with your weight you might want to twist your secondary alittle tigher!!

Back