• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Roller secondary setup with turbo?

dumbass

Extreme
Anybody running rollers? I've got my mtn vector with mc xpress now and was looking at throwing a Team secondary on it. Just wondering what kind of setups might work for a starting point?

:drink:

Doug

I was just going to post this today myself. I'm going to be running a Hi-tech ER roller with a 911 primary cover on my Vector. Duane figured I should start out with a straight-cut 51 helix.

I laborated a lot with those rollercams and had no improvments with them
dragracing on ice ,changed back to ol´buttons and voila! .25 sec in 660feet.

I haven't had any luck with button clutches in the mountains. Usually you have to wind them up tight to get them to back shift and then they won't shift out. Plus when they are wound up they generate a ton of heat and then I was burning belts.

Seemed to work fine for people who either don't ride alot of deep powder or stop frequently when they do. Just my experiences.

dumbass said:
Anybody running rollers? I've got my mtn vector with mc xpress now and was looking at throwing a Team secondary on it. Just wondering what kind of setups might work for a starting point?

:drink:

Doug
Where did you get your MCXpress unit from?? Did you install it yourself?
Steve

Take a serious look at the Advant-edge roller rooster. You can wind that sucker over 100 degrees & it still shifts out. It might not accelerate any better but it sure is a lot more tolerable of stiff secondary springs(great top end) & you need about 6 dgree less helix angle to get a similar upshift as a regular billet helix.

The Team roller works great on all of our mountain rx1's. especially the turbos. it's a well built unit. if you don't mind spending the money i would go with it. backshifts awsome, helped the perceived lag the turbos have when backing out of the throttle and getting back into it. especially with the heavier weighted primary clutches

Steve.....I got it from E&S Motorsports, no I didn't install it myself. I wanted to but there was going to be an issue of time and possible availability getting another one. This one was installed and ready to roll, just show them the money :o| .

Traderrick..... I've got one on my MM700 and was planning on throwing it onto this guy. It was probably the best cash I spent on my MM, a lot nicer shifting. What kind of helix are u running and how much weight up front?

Doug

Hey dumbass (sounds bad, but you picked it!!!) I only asked because I wondered how you had gotten it when Darren had the only one. Right now I think you have the only one in Canada for about another week, I was getting anxious, thinking they had finally arrived. Congrats on the new sled....good choice :4STroke:

I have a Maxx perf roller conversion in mine, I feel it is very beneficial to a trail ridden turbo sled.

I have built, tuned, and trail ridden several Turbo sleds and those that did not have roller converters should have had them. IMHO

I would also like to know where to start with my roller 2nd. I went with the roller roster and have HH weights. I have the 43/39 helix and will be loading the weights a lot heavier with the turbo, but really don't know where to start. Any suggestions would be great. I have ~56gms in there now (before turbo) with a little less in the tip than the mid. How heavy can I go.

J.

I'm just wondering how a Roller improves the drivability of a turbo??? The main Reason to go to a roller is to speed the shift patterns. Why is that so important with a turbo???

The problem with this question is it's rider preference. I think rollers are a heavy waste of money.

Now the Paragon might be different because it's a different soncept all together. Both sheeve always move forward and with it being encapsulated the rollers never leave the surface of the helix.

I think you guys are to wooried about justifying your purchases.

I agree with Jason. I think the button clutch works fine. You can solve back shifting without over winding , by using a lower dgree helix. If I was going to get a roller, it would be the Paragon. I am not sure it is worth the money, though. I would like to try one first.

I thought long and hard about a Team last year, but I had such good luck with the stock secondary that I decided not to spend the money.

I ride the mountains and I am quite happy with my backshift.

Back