• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rouski Wheels

Installed on 2010 ltx gt

I installed yesterday, very easy install. At the same time I replaced the. Small babbit bushings in the spindles. That really took any slop out of my steering. Wow!

The Gap.

Yes I understand what the person above was talking about. The shaft seems to be too short. I put a spacer in between the spindle and the ski edge. I had the same spacer when I had the stock setup. There is normally side to side play and I eliminated it with the spacer in the past.

I figure this is an issue due to part to part dimensional variation.

Deployment

The nub is small and certainly would be better if it was a bit longer. That said I found it very easy to deploy. The weight of the sled is mitigated as you are lifting the ski and moving the wheel with your foot.

They work very well. I drove out of garage down the road and back in the far driveway. As soon as I got on grass the wheels flipped. So did my wife because I carved massive channels across the front lawn :)

The really cool part is in and out of garage. No more fussing with those horrible dollies.

Attachments

• 20201129_091201.jpg
    20201129_091201.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 96
  • 20201129_091227.jpg
    20201129_091227.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 97
  • 20201128_153514.jpg
    20201128_153514.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 94
  • rollerski.png
    rollerski.png
    39.7 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

Yes there pretty cool. Suggest you get a longer bolts to verify your using (catching) all the threads in the rollerski lost by the spacer.

My next question is about gaps. Not gaps in the rollerski but gaps between the trailer ramp and the trailer. Backing up Off the trailer the wheels will probably collapse. I'd like to use the wheels to drive On the trailer if I can. These wheels I believe are going to get stuck in the that ramp/trailer gap, or break, being forced to jump the gap. I'm thinking a copper/steel pipe, pipe foam insulation might work please in the gap temporary because the gap is going to vary in size depending on where you are. Wonder how people solved this problem. Thanks

Yes there pretty cool. Suggest you get a longer bolts to verify your using (catching) all the threads in the rollerski lost by the spacer.

My next question is about gaps. Not gaps in the rollerski but gaps between the trailer ramp and the trailer. Backing up Off the trailer the wheels will probably collapse. I'd like to use the wheels to drive On the trailer if I can. These wheels I believe are going to get stuck in the that ramp/trailer gap, or break, being forced to jump the gap. I'm thinking a copper/steel pipe, pipe foam insulation might work please in the gap temporary because the gap is going to vary in size depending on where you are. Wonder how people solved this problem. Thanks

You are correct with respect to bolt length. You need 1.5 x diameter. My current engagement is 12.8mm. Not dramatic but I am certainly going to upsize as you suggested.

I just cut a piece of plywood the width of the trailer that fills the gap. Worked for me...

I got a set of used Rouski wheels on kijiji in the london ontario area. Came off a 2014 venture GT

I put Rouskis on 2 09 Ventures and had one break on mine in the 8 years I had it. The other is still going strong and has had no problems. Since I out a set on a Viper and now my Winder (w/ 6.9 Pilots) and haven't had any other issues. I wouldn't shy away from them.

Back