• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

rov delete piece

blevis213

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 apex se
2001 srx 700
2000 srx 700
2021 sidewinder srx

IMO metal freezes quicker than rubber, just bend the rubber hose, one full length hose with a slit around 3-4” from the end. Done.

It’s not going to freeze in the engine bay and it will heat much better than hose but, it’s a bit over engineered when just a hose in the same shape will do just fine.

Has anyone on here bought this kit.

Way too much money! At best it’s an eight dollar piece of hose and a five dollar piece of aluminum.

I have 350 miles on a modified version of what I’ve run for years with a loop of hose.

I had a sled last season that kinked the hose and blew the silicone seal. So because of that, I have epoxied a couple of copper 90’s together and clamped them on the line where I used to loop up and over. This should eliminate any possible kinks from happening.

Why epoxy the 90's together you ask, well because I had no flux to solder them together, and epoxy works just as well for this. I’ve put epoxy into cases and cylinders and ported into it, and if it can hold up to that, it can glue and seal a simple vent pipe together. LOL!

I've checked the temp because I was worried the copper may freeze with the vent right there, it was +5F today and the copper was so hot you did not dare to touch it!

1673137873778.png

Last edited:
What else is needed to be done to delete this on my 21. Thanks

Back