• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RS Vector

Make sure your clutch sheaves aren't warped. I have heard of people blowing belts that found this problem.

Another good aftermarket belt is the Gates Carbon 40C4340 . I have very good luck with this belt so far. Another thing you can try for cheap is a MO-FLOW Vent $ 20 ea This one is a Arctic cat universal vent. I mounted one on the back side of the panel on the clutch side . It will let more warm air out. It seems the Yamaha has a huge front Vent on the side panel but then it has to exit out by your feet. This gives the warm air some place else to go. I just drilled multiple holes after finding the best place for it then a few rivets and our done.

Arctic_Cat_Universal_Clutch_Vent_Diamond__56315.1315084027.1280.1280.jpg

Make sure your clutch sheaves aren't warped. I have heard of people blowing belts that found this problem.

My secondary was warped, bought a low mileage used one for $80. I've been using the Ultimax XS belt with good results. I delaminated my Yam belt after 3000 miles. The Ultimax I like so far. It definitely grips better, slips less. My Yam belt would sometimes burn from loading on the trailer, getting stuck, having cold clutches in the morning.

The slider shoes looked fine. I do like the idea of the holes in the clutch guard so I will have a look into it. Thanks

The slider shoes looked fine. I do like the idea of the holes in the clutch guard so I will have a look into it. Thanks

I like those vents in DGZTR's post. Mount some of those on top of the clutch guard. The ONLY thing that I ever wondered about using the soffit vents was the snow dust that can get ingested into the clutch area.

Oem belts always better. Angle of cut on oem has best contact on clutch faces. I've tried them all and in my opinion yamaha belts are better the aftermarket. My vector has never blown a belt and my old 98 srx blew 1 belt but it was 6 yrs old.

My belt actually started to dry rot, thinking it was original from 2006. I'll take 7600 miles on a belt!

I have a 14 Vector LTX and my son has a 13 Vector LTX. Both have about 5100 miles on and never touched the original clutches or belt and they still look good. I just blow the clutch dust out with compressed air every year.

Back