• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RTX VS LTX

See n blue

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 LTX
just curious if anyone is running the RTX? Around here a 137 is considered short but I'm hearing the RTX transfers better and is a few ticks faster?

I'm not sure if it's any faster but it comes down to the feel you want. Do you want the playful, lift the skis easy type sled, RTX. Or the flat cornering nose down ride, LTX.

We do lots of flat land racing where the longer tracks shine and some radar running. Was just shocked to see an RTX and it was fast.

We do lots of flat land racing where the longer tracks shine and some radar running. Was just shocked to see an RTX and it was fast.
Whenever it stops spinning, the shorter tracks by nature should be a tick faster...less track, less to turn. When I raced my 2003 rx1 with a new ripsaw 1 against my other 2003 rx1 with the dumb button track, the ripsaw killed the button up to 100 and then the button track walked away. In 6 miles, significant!! Faster top end with less 'track', in that case lug depth and shape. I initially wanted an rtx, but I'm happy with the 137 for trails. I think the rtx would be a better handler with the shorter track, easier to kick around.

I’ve owned both and prefer the rtx. I didn’t like the lack of transfer with the LTX. Equally setup in most conditions the RTX will beat the LTX in a drag race. Didn’t really see a difference in top end, mostly comes down to setup.

I went with the RTX as it was a bit cheaper when new, supposedly had better transfer and when you look close the Ltx only has about 3" more track (1-2 lugs)on the snow. The longer tunnel on the 137" does look better though.

I dont think I'd choose based on track length or speed. You're splitting hairs on either one. Choose based on the ride characteristics you prefer.

Sorry Rocker just saw your build RTX. Any major difference? Love the 137, but wouldn't mind trying a 129
You will find that many who owned LTX have gone to RTX, that says alot right there.

There is nothing to gain with LTX IMO, the ride difference(suspension wise) is so close you cannot differentiate bump quality, and you can set them up to ride equally.

But when it comes to transfer the RTX accels.....and quick maneuverability in tight trails(as I have many locally) the 129 also accels.

The diff in traction is so close, its nothing that would sway me....and when you consider the transfer, you actually come out stronger on a 129 with all traction being equal.

To be fair, thats coming from a guy who has never liked any longer track sled. For me 129 is long, as I ran 121s and 120s all my life until my cat 129, then the 4tec 129. It was a easy choice for me. I do like my buds Assault 144 tho, ironically I believe his tipped up rails start at 129". ;)

Dan

I have an RTX, and i love it. I’ve never had anything longer than 121 before this though. The transfer is good, the handling is good, the sled is great

My 137" is transfering too much and can't keep the skis down with the huge power and traction I have. Will have to go to "2" on the transfer block and/or tighten the limiter strap. Get into the throttle and the skis are worthless the way it is, better be pointed in the direction you want to go!

Myself, I had a 129" Cat and wished it was the 137" back then. I would go 141" or 144" if it was the slide action & coupled. Longer is mo better and better ride for me!

Back