• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Running boards Reinforcement Plate for Nytro SE

my se tunnel is bent on right hand side in this area called dealer today and he is going to call yamaha monday he thinks they should replace my tunnel, we will see, realy suprised that yamaha hasnt notified us, i ride hard but havent even been off trail or jumped the sled other then air you get off of rolls in a groomed trail at high speeds, ie power lines in woodford at 85mph

mine is junk 1500 miles on it noticed it this weekend both sides bent out and cracked it right to one of the holes on both sides. Calling my dealer tommarow and droping it off. Some rough trail sled. The ice build doesn't help I bet.

Anyone else get this plate installed? Starting to see a little buckle in my tunnel at the tip up on the tunnel also.

I'm going to get it done, under warranty, shortly as my nearest Dealer is ordering the part. Btw, in case anyone wants to know the part number is 908915015300.

Anyone think the weight of the ice buildup could be what's kinking the tunnels on the SE? My tunnel has a slight kink starting and i never stand on the back of the running boards, beginning to think its the weight of the ice buildup flexing the back of the tunnel when your slamming some big bumps or jumping.

apexer said:
Anyone think the weight of the ice buildup could be what's kinking the tunnels on the SE? My tunnel has a slight kink starting and i never stand on the back of the running boards, beginning to think its the weight of the ice buildup flexing the back of the tunnel when your slamming some big bumps or jumping.

My thinking exactly! How did Yamaha come up with a fix so fast? :dunno:

I'm guessing that this was supposed to be on the SE sleds right from the start, hence the quick fix already.

tunnel

here's some pics of my extreme rough trail rtx Se tunnel. My dealer is going to put the plates on and then after the season do a tunnel.

Attachments

• t 1.jpg
    t 1.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 84
  • t 2.jpg
    t 2.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 80
What does it look like on the inside of the tunnel...? Some kind of plate or just the bolt for the nut...?
Also, what is included in the part number for this kit...? If you order one piece of this part number, do you get plates for one or both sides of the tunnel...?

Alatalo, I have checked that allready and regarding my dealer you have to pay 900SEK for the plates, ordered seperatly@450SEK each. Its not covered by Yamaha Sweden.
(close to 100$!)

NLVMAX, thank you for the pictures.

Tobbe... said:
Alatalo, I have checked that allready and regarding my dealer you have to pay 900SEK for the plates, ordered seperatly@450SEK each. Its not covered by Yamaha Sweden.
(close to 100$!)
I know, sometimes their warranty policy sucks. But 900 SEK is small compared to some of the modifications I have already done. And it is close to nothing compared to the twenty-something-thousand SEK required for a new tunnel if you manage to do like diesel kid and some others have already done. Because if the "patch kit" is not covered by warranty, then I can not imagine that you will get a cracked tunnel replaced for free...?

Back