• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rx1 oil level/check

Stillsmokey

Veteran
I've got a 05 rx1, if I warm it up in the garage as per the manual, my oil level is below E, but if I take it for a long drive and check it it's halfway between E-F. Should i add, or leave as is. No oil light ever comes on btw

I always check when I put the sled away after it is warmed up on the trail.

If you run it even for 15 minutes from cold and check the oil it will read less then if you ride it for awhile then check it. My guess is the oil is still to cold to all be accumulated in the sump and pumped to the tank.

I would fill it to the full after a ride. If you do like I did when I first got my sled and fill it to full after a short warm up then the oil level will be above the full mark after a long warm up on the trail.

Then, I have always over filled mine. 12000 miles and never a problem, maybe thats 1 reason my 03 never used oil, like most everyone else's.

dhkr123 said:
If you check by screwing it in (i.e., INCORRECTLY), then you will be UNDER FILLING it.

That is correct you have been under filling it all this time. After 12000 miles then its obviously not an issue.

Yes, I figured wrong, it would be under filling. I don't ever remembering that the engine didn't take the right amount of oil when I changed the oil and filter. I will have to look into this closer.
I didn't mean to steal this thread. Thanks alot guys. This is 1 thing about this site, we can always get help. Thanks again.

rx1mtn said:
Yes, I figured wrong, it would be under filling. I don't ever remembering that the engine didn't take the right amount of oil when I changed the oil and filter. I will have to look into this closer.
I didn't mean to steal this thread. Thanks alot guys. This is 1 thing about this site, we can always get help. Thanks again.

And I encourage you to become a VIP member to give the site back a little of the huge amount of info and help here at your finger tips. :Rockon:

2x see attached taken from service manual

Attachments

• oil.JPG
    oil.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 824

Back