• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

S-TX DX 146 Hard Saddlebag Kit

bobmnh

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2018 Yamaha S-TX-DX 146
Does anyone have any experience with these hard bags? I am looking for options to carry gear for up to a week on touring trips.

Thanks

Does anyone have any experience with these hard bags? I am looking for options to carry gear for up to a week on touring trips.

Thanks
Not sure which you mean? I know several of us are running the BRP LinQ system, and I always liked their system overall.

I have a ton of pics in build thread(sig below) if you want to take a peek. Many configurations too.

Dan

Dan..I have been following your build thread and have taken your advise on the 6.9 pilots and the J&T 4 wheel kit so far. The 2018 S TX DX doesn't have any area to mount the plates as you can see from the picture. I'm also considering adding straps in some manner to be able to strap down a large bag(s) on top of the cargo area. The cargo area isn't that large as it is shared with 4 gallons of extra gasoline. The hard bags are a Yamaha option that mount into the clips as seen in the pic.
https://www.shopyamaha.com/product/...t?b=Snowmobile&d=3|3&f=2018|405&dealernumber=

Sidewinder 12V Pigtail.jpg

Me neither.....but I'll come up with something. :(

Run the hard saddle bags, they fit perfectly and are bullet proof with ample storage space. And if you feel you still need more storage space you can always add a variation of the soft saddle bags from Yamaha accessories.
Dang you could ride for ever on that beast...

Thanks for the encouraging report on the hard saddle bags. I'll most likely get a pair and look at the many soft saddle bags that I have collected over the years.

You refuel the rear tank separately from the front. The attached pics show that you don't have to empty the compartment to get to the tank.

Sidewinder Rear Compartment Resized.jpg

Sidewinder Belt Storage Resized.jpg

So that is the model with that fuel tank out back on tunnel? Does that not overflow from main tank? Or does it have its own fueling cap? I think i recall seeing that on the cat twin.
It has it's own fueling cap as you can see in the pic. This is how the dealer explained the fuel usage. The rear tank empties into the main tank, the fuel gauge is for the main tank. So that would mean when the gauge starts to decrease you have used the 4 gallons from the rear tank. For guys that don't know about the rear tank, it will only be right to brag about how good the fuel mileage is. LOL

Back